Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

Intel NCS2: Error on Build and Run Object Detection Sample of Raspberry Pi on Odroid XU3

idata
Employee

Hi,

I am trying to make Intel NCS2 works on my Odroid XU3 board (https://hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-xu3/) with Ubuntu 16.04.

I followed the "Install OpenVINO™ toolkit for Raspbian* OS" and see how far I can go.

It was ok until the step "Build and Run Object Detection Sample".

I understand Intel NCS2 may not support Odroid XU3 at all, however, I decide to give it a go.

I am sharing some warning and error I got, hopefully someone can provide some advice to work around these issues.

Thanks,

Lei

Here are some details

Command

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a" /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples

Warning:

odroid@odroid:~/intel_ncs2/build$ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a" /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples`` -- TBB include: TBB_INCLUDE_DIRS-NOTFOUND -- TBB Release lib: TBB_LIBRARIES_RELEASE-NOTFOUND -- TBB Debug lib: TBB_LIBRARIES_DEBUG-NOTFOUND CMake Warning at /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/share/InferenceEngineConfig.cmake:31 (message): TBB not found. TBB support will be disabled. IE_THREAD_SEQ is defined Call Stack (most recent call first): /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/share/ie_parallel.cmake:35 (ext_message) /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/src/extension/CMakeLists.txt:43 (set_ie_threading_interface_for) -- Configuring done -- Generating done -- Build files have been written to: /home/odroid/intel_ncs2/build

and command:

make -j2 object_detection_sample_ssd

Error:

[100%] Linking CXX executable ../armv7l/Release/object_detection_sample_ssd /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/armv7l/libinference_engine.so: undefined reference to `std::thread::_State::~_State()@GLIBCXX_3.4.22' /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/armv7l/libinference_engine.so: undefined reference to `typeinfo for std::thread::_State@GLIBCXX_3.4.22' /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/armv7l/libinference_engine.so: undefined reference to `std::thread::_M_start_thread(std::unique_ptr<std::thread::_State, std::default_delete<std::thread::_State> >, void (*)())@GLIBCXX_3.4.22' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status object_detection_sample_ssd/CMakeFiles/object_detection_sample_ssd.dir/build.make:91: recipe for target 'armv7l/Release/object_detection_sample_ssd' failed make[3]: *** [armv7l/Release/object_detection_sample_ssd] Error 1 CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1474: recipe for target 'object_detection_sample_ssd/CMakeFiles/object_detection_sample_ssd.dir/all' failed make[2]: *** [object_detection_sample_ssd/CMakeFiles/object_detection_sample_ssd.dir/all] Error 2 CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1486: recipe for target 'object_detection_sample_ssd/CMakeFiles/object_detection_sample_ssd.dir/rule' failed make[1]: *** [object_detection_sample_ssd/CMakeFiles/object_detection_sample_ssd.dir/rule] Error 2 Makefile:476: recipe for target 'object_detection_sample_ssd' failed make: *** [object_detection_sample_ssd] Error 2
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

I don't know much about open vino but did you installed ncsdk api?

As far as I know ncsdk is supporting Ubuntu 16.04 so you couldn't have any trouble. Anyways I would suggest you to clone the repository of ncsdk v2 and do "make install" and "make run" inside the folder
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @lx2u16

The installation scripts for OpenVINO are for a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian Stretch. The demos are likely not running because it can't find the specific libraries.

Also, @tw1xy thank you for your suggestion. But the NCSDK is not supported on the NCS2. The only software kit that can be used with the NCS2 is OpenVINO :smile:

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Sincerely,

Sahira
0 Kudos