Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Intel OpenVINO support for Ubuntu 20.04

Abhik_B
Novice

I was trying to install Intel OpenVINO release 2020.3 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. However, it does not seem to install because of no support. I changed install_openvino_dependencies.sh at line 77 to this from its original "16.04":

if [ "$system_ver" = "20.04" ];

in hopes of bypassing the thing. But even after installation process, it doesn't seem to have completely installed as when I invoke setupvars.sh  at /opt/intel/openvino/bin, it says:

ls: cannot access '/opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/': No such file or directory
[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized

1. Is there a way to solve this till Intel releases a supported revision of OpenVINO?

2. If not then what might be the alternatives? 

PS: I have a project deadline for Intel OpenVINO based solution coming up. Please Help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II

You can either compile OpenVino from source on your Ubuntu 20.04 machine, or install Ubuntu 18.04 in your machine (or a virtual machine) and install the current version of OpenVino.

Abhik_B
Novice

Thank You @samontab! Looks like virtualbox is the option for now then. I had installed Intel OpenVINO on Windows' WSL2 previously and it seemed that version was not a great obstacle. Anyway, thanks again!

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Yeah, it works perfectly fine with VirtualBox. Enjoy!

0 Kudos