Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

Interactive Face Recognition Demo from Intel Openvino Toolkit

huiteng
Beginner

huiteng_0-1611630334830.pnghuiteng_1-1611630378409.pnghuiteng_2-1611630401208.png

Hello, I am currently trying out with the interactive face recognition demo from OpenVino toolkits. However, I am facing a problem whereby my webcam cannot be initialized and I cant direct the path to my input video file. Is it any specified format needed for the video for it to works ? Or do I actually need to install a driver for my USB pluggin webcam ? Could you provide me the sample files for this interactive face recognition demo since the files are no where to be found from the official website ? Thank you . I am looking forward for your replies .   

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

You should be able to run the model with webcam video stream as input by using the command -i cam

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
huiteng
Beginner
Hi, Iffa.
I tried out the command that provided but it cannot work as well and the error showed is "cannot open input stream: cam"
Do you know what is the possible problem caused this kind of situation? I had stuck in this problem for more than two weeks. I'm looking forward for your reply. Thanks.
0 Kudos
huiteng
Beginner

huiteng_0-1611761012173.png

Hi Iffa, I tried out the command -i 0 but it didnt show result. However, my webcam seems to be connected. 

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Try to see whether your webcam is connected and listed by using lsusb command.

Plus, try to disconnect & re-connect its usb.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos