Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Is it possible for ncsdk to support OpenCV 4.0.0?

idata
Employee

I do NOT want to uninstall my installed OpenCV and then install OpenCV for Movidius again…

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

@jiapei100

[Caution] This is an unofficial procedure.

That's pretty easy.

Perhaps, commenting out all the scripts of "ncsdk/install-opencv.sh" and "ncsdk/uninstall-opencv.sh" will make it work.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I've been running opencv 4.0.0 with it for a while with no problems. What I did was:

1. Build and install opencv as you normally would

3. run the sdk installer (which will uninstall your opencv)

5. Rerun the opencv installer (should be quick since its already built) which should remove the sdk opencv

Although PINTOs solution is probably better.

0 Kudos
jiapei100
Beginner

Hi, mdata:

It's still fails to run make install, I pasted all the messages at https://pastebin.com/4H5rfPy6

In fact, I did a lot of manual installation, instead of grabbing the packages directly from repository.

A lot of my PYTHON packages are pip installed to ~/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages

And, boost is ALSO manually installed, it does NOT have a package like libboost-all-dev .

Isn't there a way to provide a cmake way to build ncsdk all by customers ourselves?

Cheers

Pei

0 Kudos