Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Is openvino tool kit formally verified?

tareq97
Beginner

Was reading about openvino tool kit. Would like to know if it is formally verified?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, tareq97.

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community Support forum.

Since we have a specialized community section for this type of inquiries, I will move your thread there so it can can be answered as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
tareq97
Beginner

Hello BrusC_Intel,

Thanks for the reply, I would like to get in touch with formal verification members from this portal. It would be good to know if there any sort of formal verification methodologies that have been carried out on open vino.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Tareq Mohammed Nazir

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Tareq,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Formal verifications have been carried out for OpenVINO LTS version. You can refer here for the Release Notes:

OpenVINO™ Long Term Support Release (intel.com)

On another note, we would like to understand the context of your query. Which area are you working on e.g. business, legal, education, research, etc.?

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
tareq97
Beginner

Hello Munesh_Intel,

Thanks for the reply. To answer your question on the query. I am PhD student and I am researching about the types of issues that software developers usually face with programming languages such as C,C++ and python development process of the open source projects. My area of interest is to automate these issues and fix them and generate a patch such that it reduces the effort for the developers and helps them develop a safe and secure code using program analysis techniques. I am currently working in robotics domain but I started to look into openVino and wanted to know if I can get any sort of start from this project.

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Tareq,

I’ve forwarded your request to the relevant team and let’s wait for their feedback.

The following paper would be a good reference and starting point.

A Review of Formal Methods applied to Machine Learning

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
tareq97
Beginner

Hi Munesh_Intel,

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for sharing the paper. Indeed a good reference to start. Will wait and see for the reply from the relevant teams.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Tareq Mohammed Nazir

0 Kudos
tareq97
Beginner

Hi Munesh_intel,

Also would like to suggest if you can also forward to team that are working with Robotic Operating system in Intel. So we can find the programming issues related to the domain and try to apply automatic repair to fix them using the techniques in program analysis.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Tareq Mohammed Nazir

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Tareq,

Thank you for your interest in selecting OpenVINO as part of your research focus for your dissertation.

However, the relevant teams are unable to commit their time and resources to support this request due to planned product roadmaps and committed model releases of OpenVINO toolkit for the industry.

We wish you the best in your PhD journey.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Tareq,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided references and explanations. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos