Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Media SDK not working in centos 7.6

girishk481287
Beginner

Hi All,

I have encountered a problem with openvino version l_openvino_toolkit_p_2021.4.689, I installed the toolkit as per instruction provided by the intel website itself but whenever I want to run vainfo

it will show 

error: can't connect to X server!
error: failed to initialize display

CPU 

Architecture: x86_64
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 8
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7
Thread(s) per core: 2
Core(s) per socket: 4
Socket(s): 1
NUMA node(s): 1
Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
CPU family: 6
Model: 142
Model name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz
Stepping: 12
CPU MHz: 1257.641
CPU max MHz: 4200.0000
CPU min MHz: 400.0000
BogoMIPS: 4224.00
Virtualization: VT-x
L1d cache: 32K
L1i cache: 32K
L2 cache: 256K
L3 cache: 6144K
NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0-7
Flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc art arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 sdbg fma cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch epb intel_pt ssbd ibrs ibpb stibp ibrs_enhanced tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid mpx rdseed adx smap clflushopt xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 dtherm ida arat pln pts hwp hwp_notify hwp_act_window hwp_epp spec_ctrl intel_stibp flush_l1d arch_capabilities

KERNEL

3.10.0-957.el7.x86_64 

Please, somebody, tell me that this CPU architecture support or not in the above scenario.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi Girishk481287,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I encountered the same problem as you did with OpenVINO™ toolkit version l_openvino_toolkit_p_2021.4.689 in Cent OS 7.6. When I run vainfo, it will show the following error:

error: can't connect to X server!

error: failed to initialize display

We are investigating this issue and will update you at the earliest.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Girishk481287,

For your information, starting with the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit 2021.3 release, Intel® Media SDK is being deprecated for removal in OpenVINO 2022.1.

Users are recommended to migrate to the Intel oneAPI Video Processing Library (oneVPL) as the unified programming interface for video decoding, encoding and processing to build portable media pipelines on CPUs, GPUs, and accelerators.

Intel Distribution of OpenVINO toolkit will support the Intel one API Video Processing Library (oneVPL) as the replacement for Intel® Media SDK.

See oneVPL Programming Guide for guidelines, migration guide from Intel® Media SDK to oneVPL, and API Changes Documentation for reference.

On another note, Intel Distribution of OpenVINO toolkit will continue support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 8 and will drop support for CentOS in new releases starting from OpenVINO 2022.1.

Support Change and Deprecation Notices is available at the following page under Section New and Changed in the Release 3:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/openvino-relnotes.html

However, here is a workaround for you. You can build Media SDK from source by referring to Build Media SDK on CentOS with some changes in command as follow.

From Build and install LibVA and its dependencies:

·      replace yum install devtoolset-6 to yum install devtoolset-7

·      remove git checkout tag/2.6.0.pre1

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Girishk481287,

Thank you for your question.

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution.

If you need additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos