Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

Missing steps for GPU when installing with apt

Truong__Dien_Hoa
New Contributor II

I'm trying in install openvino by apt following this link: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_apt.html

The demo with cpu seems to work ok. However when I try to run with GPU, I got the error as below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "gpu.py", line 6, in <module>
    plugin = IEPlugin(device="GPU")
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 545, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.__cinit__
RuntimeError: Cannot find plugin to use :Tried load plugin : clDNNPlugin,  error: Plugin clDNNPlugin cannot be loaded: cannot load plugin: clDNNPlugin from : clGetPlatformIDs error -1001, skipping
cannot load plugin: clDNNPlugin from /opt/intel/openvino_2019.3.376/python/python3.6/openvino/inference_engine: Cannot load library '/opt/intel/openvino_2019.3.376/python/python3.6/openvino/inference_engine/libclDNNPlugin.so': /opt/intel/openvino_2019.3.376/python/python3.6/openvino/inference_engine/libclDNNPlugin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory, skipping

And I can't find ./install_NEO_OCL_driver.sh in /opt/intel/openvino/install_dependencies/ (which is the file we used to run for GPU in linux installation). I copy ./install_NEO_OCL_driver.sh to my machine and everything works ok.

Is it normal or you missed this when packaging the apt package ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Luis_at_Intel

Thanks for reporting this, I am able to see the issue you have experienced on Ubuntu* 16.04, which Ubuntu* version are you using? 

We've reached out to engineering to see if this is the expected behavior or if there is a bug with the APT package, I will get back to you as soon as we hear back. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
Truong__Dien_Hoa
New Contributor II

Thanks for your response,

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04

Best regards,

Hoa

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi Truong, Dien Hoa,

Thank you for your patience, the GFX driver is not part of APT distribution. This information has been updated in the documentation page for APT install.

"NOTE: Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL™ is not a part of OpenVINO™ APT distribution. You can install it from the Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL™ GitHub repo."

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos