Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6408 Discussions

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'models'

ColemanJeffrey
Beginner

By Running the # Object Detection Python\* Demo after moving complete folder from initial location (/opt/intel/openvino_2021/deployment_tools/inference_engine/demos/python_demos/object_detection_demo/object_detection_demo.py) => and running the script everything works perfect 

By Running the # Object Detection Python\* Demo after moving complete folder from initial location (/opt/intel/openvino_2021/deployment_tools/inference_engine/demos/python_demos/object_detection_demo/object_detection_demo.py) on other location (/home/mircea/projects/object_detection_demo/object_detection_demo.py)  and running the script I'm getting  this error: 

import fnmatch, glob, traceback, errno, sys, atexit, locale, imp, stat
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/mircea/projects/object_detection_demo/object_detection_demo.py", line 32, in <module>
from models import *
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'models'

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Coleman Jeffrey,

I've duplicated the same method as you and I got the same error ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'models'.

To solve this error, you need to copy the 'common' folder inside directory <INSTALL_DIR>\Intel\openvino_2021\deployment_tools\open_model_zoo\demos together with the object_detection_pythons. Then, you can try to rerun the demo.

Regards,

Syamimi

0 Kudos
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Coleman Jeffrey,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Syamimi

0 Kudos
ColemanJeffrey
Beginner

I don't know, I'll find it.

Thank you! 

0 Kudos