Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Multiple overlapping detections using person-detection-retail-0013 with DNN

nmam
Novice

Hi

I am using person-detection-retail-0013 FP16 model with opencv's DNN API. For one of the test video I encountered an issue in a frame where multiple overlapping detections are reported for the same person (the person on the extreme left in below image). Blue bb's are for DNN detections. Red bb's are for CSRT tracker update for the current frame and Black BB is for all new detections for which tracking is not yet enabled. Because of this the code associates a new tracing context for this person and it ends up being reported as 2 distinct trails. this does not happen for any of the other people in the 5  min long video. Just wanted to understand if such scenario is expected or not and how best to deal with the situation, thanks

x.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

There are possible chance for overlapping to occur especially if there are presence of multiple persons.

However, as you can see from the photo I attached, there is no overlapping happens even the sample video consist of a crowded escalator. It should be refreshed if you give it some time I believe.

This is tested with -m_det person-detection-retail-0013.xml, -m_reid person-reidentification-retail-0288.xml and the sample video was downloaded from pexel.

Sincerely,

Iffa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

There are possible chance for overlapping to occur especially if there are presence of multiple persons.

However, as you can see from the photo I attached, there is no overlapping happens even the sample video consist of a crowded escalator. It should be refreshed if you give it some time I believe.

This is tested with -m_det person-detection-retail-0013.xml, -m_reid person-reidentification-retail-0288.xml and the sample video was downloaded from pexel.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos