Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

NCS 1 / Google AutoML Edge export / mvNCCompile doesn't compile.

Richard
Novice

Hi,

Would love some pointers here. Had a look through Google but not sure what is happening.

New to ML so have used Google's AutoML Vision to generate an Edge Tensorflow pb file.

Have run the Movidius NCS 1 SDK 2 install on Ubuntu 16.04 and the stick successfully says it is there.

Took the pb file and tried to the use the mvNCCompile but it won't compile the graph.

Am I missing something obvious?

`~/ncsdk$ mvNCCompile ME3.pb -s 12 -o ME3.graph

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/scipy/stats/morestats.py:16: DeprecationWarning: Importing from numpy.testing.decorators is deprecated, import from numpy.testing instead.

from numpy.testing.decorators import setastest

/usr/lib/python3.5/importlib/_bootstrap.py:222: RuntimeWarning: numpy.dtype size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility. Expected 96, got 88

return f(*args, **kwds)

/usr/local/bin/ncsdk/Controllers/Parsers/TensorFlowParser/Convolution.py:47: SyntaxWarning: assertion is always true, perhaps remove parentheses?

assert(False, "Layer type not supported by Convolution: " + obj.type)

mvNCCompile v02.00, Copyright @ Intel Corporation 2017

ME3.pb

2019-06-15 03:26:12.295145: I tensorflow/core/platform/cpu_feature_guard.cc:141] Your CPU supports instructions that this TensorFlow binary was not compiled to use: AVX2 FMA

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/bin/mvNCCompile", line 208, in

args.old_parser, args.cpp, args)

File "/usr/local/bin/mvNCCompile", line 186, in create_graph

load_ret = load_network(args, parser, myriad_config)

File "/usr/local/bin/ncsdk/Controllers/Scheduler.py", line 67, in load_network

p.loadNetworkObjects(arguments.net_description, arguments.net_weights)

File "/usr/local/bin/ncsdk/Controllers/Parsers/TensorFlow.py", line 561, in loadNetworkObjects

graph_def.ParseFromString(f.read())

google.protobuf.message.DecodeError: Error parsing message

`

Thanks

BSG

P.S. On the old Movidius forum, Sahira from Intel asked the following.

Hi @BrainSuperGlue

What model are you using? Can you please provide a link to the model?

Best Regards,

Sahira

-------------------------------

Dear Sahira or Jesus,

The TensorFlow ME3.pb model file exported from Google AutoML Vision is attached to this post inside the ME3.zip.

For reference, AutoML Vision shows the possible Edge export options. I chose TensorFlow.

BSG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Sahira_Intel

Hi BSG,

While you are using Tensorflow, it looks like this particular network is not supported on the NCSDK. Take a look at the list of supported Networks for Tensorflow (and others) here. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Sahira

0 Kudos
Richard
Novice

Hi Sahira,

So although the model is in Tensorflow format, the dialect of the model isn't one the NCSDK recognises?

Will the Google AutoML Vision network or the Microsoft Custom Vision network be added to the NCSDK?

Thanks

BSG

0 Kudos
Sahira_Intel

Hi BSG,

You can think of it in that way. For Tensorflow, the NCSDK supports networks like Tiny Yolo V2, VGG 16, inception-VX, etc. So if you want to use a Tensorflow model, it has to be on one of the supported networks.

While the NCSDK will still be supported, there will be no software updates made to it. So there will not be any added support for networks.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best Regards,

Sahira

0 Kudos
Richard
Novice

Thanks for the clarification Sahira,

I'm sure I read that the NCS1 was only compatible with the NCSDK but reading about OpenVINO, it says that it will work with NCS1. Will Google AutoML Vision and Microsoft Custom Vision networks be added to OpenVINO?

Thanks

BSG

0 Kudos
Sahira_Intel

Hi BSG,

Yes! The NCS1 can be used with OpenVINO too.

There are not currently any plans to support Google AutoML Vision and Microsoft Custom Vision networks on OpenVINO.

Best Regards,

Sahira

0 Kudos
Richard
Novice

Thanks Sahira,

To finish this project then I had to purchase a Google Coral USB Accelerator that would accept the flavour of Tensorflow Lite model Google AutoML Vision exports. At least when I have the time to I will use one of the OpenVino recognised networks with the NCS1 for another project.

Thanks for your time and clarifications.

BSG