Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

NCS deployment

idata
Employee

Deployment process worked well for me. I only needed to install mvnc package (sudo dpkg -i mvnc_1.07_amd64.deb) to get the already built c_examples/ncs-fullcheck program. Other packages may be required for other users depending on the programs you intend to run upon deployment (whether you use any dev headers, mvnc-dev) and whether you extend/use python examples (python3-mvnc).

mvnc package has dependencies on libusb-1.0-0 (>= 2:1.0.19), libc6 (>= 2.19) (I used sudo apt-cache show mvnc to list these).

I used Ubuntu 16.04 for deployment (as well as development) and tried USB 2 port as well as USB 3 port on the deployment machine without any issues. USB 3 gave faster round trip times due to faster graph transfer but inference time was pretty similar.

The only suggestion for improvement would be to include the deployment procedure in the documentation (and perhaps information on which packages are needed for which scenarios, even if this is obvious to a developer).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

@pashmina.bendale Your suggestions and concerns are valid. Thank you for the feedback pashmina.

0 Kudos