Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

NCS2 had problems with jetson nano

jevons
Beginner

Hello, everyone.

I downloaded the DLDT library of opencv on jetson nano. After the successful compilation and installation, I prepared to run my demo, but it reported the following error. I hope you can help me solve it.

/home/zhu/test/emotion_infer.py:32: DeprecationWarning: from_ir() method of IENetwork is deprecated. Please use IENetwork class constructor to create valid IENetwork instance
  self.net = IENetwork.from_ir(model=self.model_xml_path, weights=self.model_bin_path)
E: [ncAPI] [    616244] [python3] ncDeviceOpen:859      Device doesn't appear after boot
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "emotion_infer_demo.py", line 1, in <module>
    from emotion_infer import detect
  File "/home/zhu/test/emotion_infer.py", line 119, in <module>
    emotion_detect = emotionInfer()
  File "/home/zhu/test/emotion_infer.py", line 33, in __init__
    self.exec_net = self.plugin.load(network=self.net)
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 547, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.load
  File "ie_api.pyx", line 557, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.load
RuntimeError: Can not init Myriad device: NC_ERROR

regrads

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi jevons,

It looks like the Intel(r) Neural Compute Stick 2 is not connecting properly when the model is loaded. Did you configure the Intel(r) NCS 2 Linux USB Driver? If you have not, please use the following steps.

1. Add the current user to the users group, you will need to logout and log back in. 

sudo usermod –a –G users “$(whoami)”

2. Create 97-myriad-usbboot.rules in the /etc/udev/rules.d directory with the following content:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2150", ATTRS{idVendor}=="03e7", GROUP="users", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2485", ATTRS{idVendor}=="03e7", GROUP="users", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="f63b", ATTRS{idVendor}=="03e7", GROUP="users", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"

3. Reload the rules

udevadm control --reload-rules
udevadm trigger
ldconfig

I don't have a Jetson Nano to test, however, it worked on the Jetson TX2 that I have. Please let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi jevons,

It looks like the Intel(r) Neural Compute Stick 2 is not connecting properly when the model is loaded. Did you configure the Intel(r) NCS 2 Linux USB Driver? If you have not, please use the following steps.

1. Add the current user to the users group, you will need to logout and log back in. 

sudo usermod –a –G users “$(whoami)”

2. Create 97-myriad-usbboot.rules in the /etc/udev/rules.d directory with the following content:

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2150", ATTRS{idVendor}=="03e7", GROUP="users", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2485", ATTRS{idVendor}=="03e7", GROUP="users", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idProduct}=="f63b", ATTRS{idVendor}=="03e7", GROUP="users", MODE="0666", ENV{ID_MM_DEVICE_IGNORE}="1"

3. Reload the rules

udevadm control --reload-rules
udevadm trigger
ldconfig

I don't have a Jetson Nano to test, however, it worked on the Jetson TX2 that I have. Please let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
jevons
Beginner

Hello Jesus

Your solution has solved my problem perfectly and the nano is now running normally. Thank you for your answer.

Regrads

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi jevons,

Great! Thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos