Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6454 Discussions

NCS2 not detected when running python samples

skrywenko
Beginner

hi there . I have being trying to get this  ncs2 usb stick to work  in python with ubuntu 20.04(LTs) and 22.04 (LTS) all on fresh installs openvino==2022.3.2 & openvino-dev==2022.3.2 and it always the same. no MYRIAD. when using any of the sample openvino_runtime   or in any of open_model_zoo-2022.3  version.. when I run a cpp version software it works fine  just not any python code.  I even tried recompiling code from source  it seams the same thing

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi skrywenko,

OpenVINO™ Runtime package install from PyPI only includes a set of libraries for Intel® CPU and Intel® GPU hardware.

To use MYRIAD plugin, please install OpenVINO™ Runtime from an archive file (https://storage.openvinotoolkit.org/repositories/openvino/packages/2022.3.1/linux/

) For OpenVINO version 2022.3.1, the archive file is only available for Ubuntu 18 and Ubuntu 20.

Once you have OpenVINO™ Runtime installed, follow the steps in Configurations for Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 to be able to work on NCS2.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
skrywenko
Beginner

well i do not know  - I got python to work from my original install of 2022.3.2. but it just started to work out of the blue after I gave up for a couple days.  was doing facial recognition  and that. did a simple reboot. now  myriad is un detectable  across all platforms that i rebooted. only detectable with the source compiled version.  the downloaded versions all stopped working and only cpu is see able.  no more gna or myriad. when running benchmark_app -h -- very frustrating device that is for sure. no wonder intel stopped making them. if they were always this frustrating..

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi skrywenko,

1)    Download OpenVINO™ Runtime from the archive file below on Ubuntu 20.04.

l_openvino_toolkit_ubuntu20_2022.3.2.9279.e2c7e4d7b4d_x86_64.tgz

2)    Extract all the files from the archive file.

3)    Update several environment variables by running the setupvars.sh script to use MYRIAD libraries.

source setupvars.sh

4)    Run benchmark_app -h command.

Benchmark_MYRIAD.jpeg

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi skrywenko,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided answers. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos