Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

NCS2

ZhangXG001
Beginner

I inference a yolov4-tiny network with an image of  832*832 resolution on one NCS2, and it works well. For some reason, I need a bigger input(image 3328*3328 resolution), one NCS2  makes some error("Not enough memory to allocate intermediate tensors on remote device"). I wonder if I use several NCS2 at the same time to resolve this problem?Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
MAURICIOAL_R_Intel

Hello,

A higher resolution image will still not work even on multiple NCS2.

Using multiple devices speeds up inferencing by parallelizing the processes. As the error message says, there is not enough memory on one NCS2 to support that high of resolution. So even if you are using multiple devices, the image will need to be processed by a single NCS2 and it does not support a resolution that high.

We recommend using the lower resolution image for better results if it is possible.

Redards,

Mauricio R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MAURICIOAL_R_Intel

Thanks for reaching out,

We are looking into your issue and we will come back to you soon.

Regards,

Mauricio R.

0 Kudos
MAURICIOAL_R_Intel

Hello,

A higher resolution image will still not work even on multiple NCS2.

Using multiple devices speeds up inferencing by parallelizing the processes. As the error message says, there is not enough memory on one NCS2 to support that high of resolution. So even if you are using multiple devices, the image will need to be processed by a single NCS2 and it does not support a resolution that high.

We recommend using the lower resolution image for better results if it is possible.

Redards,

Mauricio R.

0 Kudos