cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

NCSDK2 Installation Error

Hi there,

I met some problem when I installed NCSDK2 on my machine where the environment is Ubuntu Linux 16.04 (64-bit). I follow the instructions here (https://movidius.github.io/ncsdk/install.html). My operations are as follow:

1. Clone the repository from GitHub:

$ git clone -b ncsdk2 http://github.com/Movidius/ncsdk

3. Perform the Makefile to install:

$ cd ncsdk && make install

5. Then, the error message is as follow:

-- Build files have been written to: /opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build make[1]: Entering directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' make[2]: Entering directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' make[3]: Entering directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' make[3]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' [ 1%] Built target proto make[3]: Entering directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' make[3]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' make[3]: Entering directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' [ 3%] Building CXX object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/memory_data_layer.cpp.o [ 4%] Building CXX object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/data_layer.cpp.o [ 4%] Building CXX object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/neuron_layer.cpp.o [ 4%] Building CXX object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/spp_layer.cpp.o [ 4%] Building CXX object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/window_data_layer.cpp.o [ 6%] Building CXX object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/detection_output_layer.cpp.o [ 6%] Building CXX object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/sigmoid_layer.cpp.o [ 6%] Building CXX object src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/hdf5_output_layer.cpp.o In file included from /usr/local/include/opencv4/opencv2/core.hpp:52:0, from /usr/local/include/opencv4/opencv2/core/core.hpp:48, from /opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/src/caffe/layers/memory_data_layer.cpp:2: /usr/local/include/opencv4/opencv2/core/cvdef.h:656:4: error: #error "OpenCV 4.x+ requires enabled C++11 support" # error "OpenCV 4.x+ requires enabled C++11 support" ...... make[3]: *** [src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/layers/detection_output_layer.cpp.o] Error 1 make[3]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' CMakeFiles/Makefile2:272: recipe for target 'src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/all' failed make[2]: *** [src/caffe/CMakeFiles/caffe.dir/all] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed make[1]: *** [all] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory '/opt/movidius/ssd-caffe/build' Installation failed. Error on line 648 Makefile:47: recipe for target 'install' failed make: *** [install] Error 1

Is anyone know how to fix it? I have already found some materials but I am not sure how to fix it. Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi @yungshenglu

Thanks for reaching out. The error seems to be related to the opencv version installed, could you confirm you have installed opencv version > 4.x prior attempting to install the ncsdk? I've installed opencv v4.x as instructed here https://www.pyimagesearch.com/2018/08/15/how-to-install-opencv-4-on-ubuntu/ and when executing the ncsdk make install command I get the following error:

ERROR - Compatibility Issue Detected with OpenCV

The OpenCV library /usr/local/lib/libopencv_highgui.so.4.0.0 links against libprotobuf-lite This causes an error with ssd-caffe as it links against libprotobuf (non-lite version) and these libraries cannot be used together and can cause a crash when deallocating memory Note building OpenCV with QT vs. the default GTK avoids this issue To avoid this, uninstall OpenCV libraries built from sources. The script, uninstall-opencv.sh, attempts to do this and is called by make install If you have run make install or uninstall-opencv.sh and see this, try uninstalling OpenCV installed in /usr/local/ manually Will exit make: *** [install] Error 1

If you do indeed have an opencv version > 4.x, I may suggest to start clean by uninstalling/removing opencv and re-running the ncsdk make install command. To uninstall opencv you could either use the ./uninstall-opencv.sh script provided in the ncsdk or manually uninstall by going to the opencv build directory and executing sudo make uninstall.

Another option could be to reconfigure the Makefile and enable C++11 support, as stated here: https://github.com/BVLC/caffe/issues/6358#issuecomment-383080133. _"As a quick fix, you need to add -std=c++11 to the compiler flags of Caffe or use OpenCV older than 4.x+."_ I have not tried this option as I was unable to reproduce your error.

If you decide to try either suggestion above please share your results, hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

Luis
idata
Community Manager

Thank @Luis_at_Intel !

I have checked the version of OpenCV on my machine is > 4.x and I have also uninstalled and removed OpenCV and rerun NCSDK by make install command many times. It was still not working. Finally, I just reinstall my Ubuntu Linux and rerun NCSDK installation command and it is working. Although I didn't try your suggestions, I really thank your suggestion!

Best,

David Lu