Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Need a bit more information on Intel openvino -nstreams flag

sovit
Beginner

I am currently researching and experimenting a lot with Intel OpenVINO toolkit. Amazing toolkit, to be fair. But the -nstreams flag is confusing me a lot. In the code flag description it says "Number of streams to use for inference on the CPU or/and GPU in throughput". 

My question is, what does it actually mean? Is it the number of video stream input or the number of camera devices connected? Or is it related to something else?

I have gone through almost all of the documentation online but could not find much clear information on it.

I might be missing something obvious here, but if anyone can clarify this, then it would be a lot helpful. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

Generally, the -nstreams "<integer>" command is a part of CPU performance option in OpenVINO.

This meant for defining the number of streams to be used for inference on the CPU, GPU or MYRIAD devices

It's OPTIONAL and usually, the automatic selection is used. (Default value is determined automatically for a device).

Try to understand the whole concept of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6uSHPFP-Q

Sincerely,

Iffa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

Generally, the -nstreams "<integer>" command is a part of CPU performance option in OpenVINO.

This meant for defining the number of streams to be used for inference on the CPU, GPU or MYRIAD devices

It's OPTIONAL and usually, the automatic selection is used. (Default value is determined automatically for a device).

Try to understand the whole concept of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6uSHPFP-Q

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos