Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

New person-reidentification-retail-0103/107/200 models cannot be inferenced in latest engine

Aliyeva__Dinara
Beginner

Hi,

I have a question about new person-reidentification-model-0103/107/200 (based on OSNet).

I tried running models with the latest inference engine, however I get "cannot parse future versions" error. I understand it is not possible to directly use these models with the latest engine.
Therefore, I have following questions:

When is the approximate date of the release of the new engine corresponding to the latest open_model_zoo develop branch?

I tried converting the pre-trained PyTorch models available here, according to conversion guidelines. When converting to .onnx format, I get following warning:

UserWarning: You are trying to export the model with onnx:Upsample for ONNX opset version 9. This operator might cause results to not match the expected results by PyTorch. This operator might cause results to not match the expected results by PyTorch.
ONNX's Upsample/Resize operator did not match Pytorch's Interpolation until opset 11. Attributes to determine how to transform the input were added in onnx:Resize in opset 11 to support Pytorch's behavior (like coordinate_transformation_mode and nearest_mode).

According to Openvino release notes, the latest opset provided is opset10 (for onnx). I used the latest version, release 3.1, but there is no information about opset 11 support.
Would that mean I would still need to wait for the latest inference engine for model conversion, as well?

If I continue with conversion, ignoring the above-mentioned warning, I am able to get .xml and .bin IR model files. However, the accuracy of that converted model (person-reidentification-retail-0200) is very poor, much poorer than previous reid models provided (i.e., person-reidentification-retail-0079).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

you refer to models from Open Model Zoo develop branch. These are models which should run with the next OpenVINO release, they are not guaranteed to work with current OpenVINO 2019 R3 release. Please stay tuned to upcoming OpenVINO release.

Regards,
  Vladimir

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

you refer to models from Open Model Zoo develop branch. These are models which should run with the next OpenVINO release, they are not guaranteed to work with current OpenVINO 2019 R3 release. Please stay tuned to upcoming OpenVINO release.

Regards,
  Vladimir

0 Kudos