Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

New user? Come say Hi!

idata
Employee

Are you new to the Movidius™ developer community? Come say Hi and introduce yourself to your new machine intelligence developer friends, mentors, and peers. Please follow these simple guidelines while posting questions to the forum:

1. Search first, it's quite possible that your questions may have already been answered on another discussion.

3. Be very descriptive of your problem, use well-chosen words for your topic heading, specify the software version and type of hardware you are using, explain steps to recreate your issue, etc.

5. Use text formatting (quote, code, spoiler) where applicable.

7. Have you looked at the "Quick Start Guide" yet?

These simple steps will make it easy for other members to easily understand your issue and potentially provide a fast response.

0 Kudos
54 Replies
idata
Employee

@Snow Hi Snow. I’m glad you were able to get a Neural Compute Stick. In order to keep the forum organized and keep information easy to find, please post any issues you encounter in the general discussion forum. Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Everyone, I am working as a optical manager about robot vision!I am strongly interested in Miriad 2 Development Kits and Movidius Neural compute stick.

But I don't know how to buy? Could you give me some suggest? @everyone. Thank you very much.

my mail : gaoeqin@live.com
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello all, just received my NCS today, but as life is busy, I'll only be able to take it out to play on the weekends…

My primary interest in the device is with respect to natural language processing end exploring what I can do with the stick. My secondary interest is in machine vision, particularly with respect to drone-mounted cameras and the like…

My interests are exclusively hobbyist, and I'm sure I'm a bit out of my league with this thing, but I do look forward to tinkering…as hobbies go, this is relatively cheap…Beats golf or buying a boat ;)

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm Glenn, a researcher. I received the NCS y'day and it's up and tested. Very easy and straightforward install. Running the tests was easy enough. Off to study the process now. I hope more samples are forthcoming.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, received the NCS today from Mouser after just a short delay, only AU$108.

Software setup and network compile completed without issue on Debian Buster.

Lots of fun and games to come no doubt. :)
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I just got my delivery from Mouser and I can't wait to install it. I've been fascinated by ANNs since the 90's. Now I have an excuse to force myself back into programming after nearly 20 years away as a sysadmin/dba. I'm looking forward to the challenge. Thanks for creating such an amazing new device.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, I just received my NCS today from Mouser as well. I'm always exploring new technology and when I saw the stick, I had to get it. Looking forward to breaking open the SDK and getting my hands dirty.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey guys,

This is Peter Ma, part of Intel Software Innovator, and I am building some cool stuff using the Movidius Stick

Best,

Peter

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm a web developer but I've begun to study neural networks and deep learning using Python. I almost have my Movidius Neural Compute Stick working with Oracle VM VirtualBox running an Ubuntu 16.04.3 virtual machine. Right now I can't get python to import caffe. Does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap laptop that is sure to work with this device? My approach to this technology is just to learn as much as I can with an eye to things I could use in my regular work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi all !

I'm a image recognition engineer. I am really interested in using this compute module with raspberry pi very easily.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, I'm Daniel, the Data Janitor. http://soobrosa.info

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi All!

I'm a long time software developer and now starting on facial recognition using the Movidius NC stick. The target is for low cost systems. I'm first trying it out using a Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspbian (Debian) Jessie.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

i'm working on a novel speech synthesiser I can strap to my chin. This is just the ticket. _twiddles thumbs awaiting delivery_
0 Kudos