Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Not able to run Openvino demos

Nair__Alka
Beginner

Hi all,

I have been able to build the openvino demos, by running build_demos_msvc.bat from C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\inference_engine\demos>.

The binaries are stored in 'C:\Users\folder_name\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\omz_demos_build\intel64\Release folder. I have copied all the required dlls to run the binaries in the same folder. The models are downloaded in a separate folder using the model downloader tool.  For human_pose_estimation_0001, I have saved the xml and bin files.

When I try to run the demo human_pose_estimation_demo.exe after giving the video path and the xml location, I get the following error:

InferenceEngine:
        API version ............ 2.1
        Build .................. 32974
        Description ....... API
Parsing input parameters
[ ERROR ] Error loading xmlfile: C:\Users\folder_name\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\omz_demos_build\intel64\Release\plugins.xml, File was not found at line: 1 pos: 0

I get the same error while trying to run other sample demos as well. I am using openvino_2019.3.379. Please let me know if any other information is required to help me resolve this issue. I was able to run image classification and security barrier examples mentioned in the verification step of installation without any issues. I am on windows 10.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SIRIGIRI_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Nair, Alka,

It is not required to copy the dll files as they are automatically created in the below directory while building the samples

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\omz_demos_build\intel64\Release

I was able to run the demo successfully without copying the dlls using the following command:

human_pose_estimation_demo.exe -i "C:\Users\<username>\Downloads\head-pose-face-detection-female-and-male.mp4" -m "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\tools\model_downloader\intel\human-pose-estimation-0001\FP32\human-pose-estimation-0001.xml"

There is a similar issue in the other thread. Please give a try if you still facing the issue.

Best Regards,

Ram prasad

0 Kudos