Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Open Vino and Tensroflow outputs are different

adhikary__sunit
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to infer a model in open vino and all the layers are supported in open vino. After obtaining the intermediate representation in open vino  I am running an inference using the inference engine(python wrapper). But the results obtained from open vino are different from that obtained using tensorflow in almost 50% of the cases. Please note that I am operating on point clouds and is trying a point net architecture. I have shared all the necessary files to reproduce the error.

In order to reproduce the error simply execute the python file in python3. I have attached the codes herewith.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
adhikary__sunit
Beginner

Anyone from intel kindly consider answering this question.

0 Kudos
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Sunit,

I saw your message to me on LinkedIn and I gave a status update on what I did today involving your issue. Tomorrow I will perform the test and see what I found out about the outputs.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Sunit,

After some further analysis and test with OpenVINO R5. I've gotten closer to the issue and actually have your program running with no differences in output. I did this by disabling the fusion feature that Model Optimizer has when converting your model:

python3 /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/model_optimizer/mo.py --input_model frozen_classifier.pb --disable_fusing

Try this and rerun your program and the difference between mask2 and mask should be 0 and the time for inference is around the same as when fusing was enabled and you were getting different results. I will take a look further to see what fusing caused this issue but for now this should get you on your way to completing your solution.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
adhikary__sunit
Beginner

Thanks monique, it really helped. 

0 Kudos