Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenCL error while building IE from source

Tibrewal__Siddhant

Hi there, I am trying to build the Inference Engine from source and am getting the following error while following the procedure listed on the GitHub page:

Scanning dependencies of target clDNN_shlib
[ 57%] Building CXX object thirdparty/clDNN/src/CMakeFiles/clDNN_shlib.dir/activation.cpp.o
[ 57%] Building CXX object thirdparty/CMakeFiles/mkldnn.dir/mkl-dnn/src/cpu/ref_batch_normalization.cpp.o
In file included from /home/sttl/Workspace/openvino/dldt/inference-engine/thirdparty/clDNN/common/khronos_ocl_clhpp/cl2_wrapper.h:63,
                 from /home/sttl/Workspace/openvino/dldt/inference-engine/thirdparty/clDNN/src/gpu/ocl_toolkit.h:24,
                 from /home/sttl/Workspace/openvino/dldt/inference-engine/thirdparty/clDNN/src/include/kernel_selector_helper.h:20,
                 from /home/sttl/Workspace/openvino/dldt/inference-engine/thirdparty/clDNN/src/include/primitive_inst.h:27,
                 from /home/sttl/Workspace/openvino/dldt/inference-engine/thirdparty/clDNN/src/include/activation_inst.h:20,
                 from /home/sttl/Workspace/openvino/dldt/inference-engine/thirdparty/clDNN/src/activation.cpp:17:
/home/sttl/Workspace/openvino/dldt/inference-engine/thirdparty/clDNN/common/khronos_ocl_clhpp/cl2.hpp: In constructor ‘cl::Context::Context(cl_device_type, cl_context_properties*, void (*)(const char*, const void*, cl::size_type, void*), void*, cl_int*)’:
/home/sttl/Workspace/openvino/dldt/inference-engine/thirdparty/clDNN/common/khronos_ocl_clhpp/cl2.hpp:2703:26: error: catching polymorphic type ‘class cl::Error’ by value [-Werror=catch-value=]
                 } catch (Error) {}

The OS is Ubuntu 18.04 and the compiler is the GCC-8.1
Is it a known issue of some sorts?
I am trying to build from source because I want to use the same OpenCV version used by our framework for the IE as well.

Any leads on this?

Thanks,
Sid

0 Kudos
0 Replies