Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6386 Discussions

OpenCV linker error when building sample on RaspberryPI

Garolla__Filippo
Beginner

Hello,

I followed the steps detailed in https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/OpenVINO-Install-RaspberryPI to set up the CNS2 and the inference engine on my RPi 3, but when I try to make the sample via `make -j2 object_detection_sample_ssd` I get a linker error at the very end of  the build complaining that it doesn't find a symbol for `cv::imread`. The symbol is defined and used only in `libformat_reader.so` (which builds fine) and I can't understand what's wrong with the configuration.

Is this a problem with the CMake configuration or am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Filippo,

Are you still having this issue? If so, are you running the command in the ~/Downloads/inference_engine_vpu_arm/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/build directory and have you sourced the setupvars.sh properly?

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
Garolla__Filippo
Beginner

Hello Monique,

Yes I did everything as stated in the instructions (copying directly the code snippets via the "copy code" button and pasting in the terminal). I also just tried doing a clean install again and I'm still having the same issue..

0 Kudos
Drakopoulos__Fotis

I also tried to install today the openVINO to my raspberry pi following the procedure stated in the instructions and I get the exact same error.

0 Kudos
Garolla__Filippo
Beginner

Ok, I just reinstalled Raspbian on a clean SD and redone the whole OpenVINO setup there and now it worked. I noticed the default compiler on Raspbian currently is gcc 6.3 while on my other SD IIRC I had gcc 4.8 set as default, this could be the source of the problem. I'll check again once I have a chance building on the other SD with gcc 6.3

0 Kudos
Drakopoulos__Fotis

Thank you so much Filippo, I had the same problem and after I reinstalled gcc and g++ it compiled successfully.

0 Kudos