Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVINO : No Module Found Error "Scipy"

Madhumathi
Beginner

Hi I'm Madhumathi, currently working with OpenVINO for my college project.

I tried  to test the Face Recognition model from OpenVINO with the command line,

python3 ./face_recognition_demo.py -i beak.mp4 \-m_fd /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/tools/model_downloader/intel/face-detection-retail-0004/FP16/face-detection-retail-0004.xml \-m_lm /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/tools/model_downloader/intel/landmarks-regression-retail-0009/FP16/landmarks-regression-retail-0009.xml \-m_reid /opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/tools/model_downloader/intel/face-reidentification-retail-0095/FP16/face-reidentification-retail-0095.xml \-l /opt/intel/openvino_2019.3.376/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libcpu_extension_sse4.so \--verbose \-fg "/root/face_gallery"

and faced the following error,

Traceback (most recent call last):
             ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'scipy'

I also tried installing scipy with the command "pip install scipy" and got the result as,

Requirement already satisfied: scipy in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
             Requirement already satisfied: numpy>=1.8.2 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from scipy)

but I'm still getting the same error.

Kindly help me to figure out the same.

Thanks in advance..!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SuryaPSC_Intel
Employee

Hi Madhumathi,

From the logs, the requirement is satisfied for python2.7 and you are using python3 to execute the demo.

Kindly use pip3 install scipy to install scipy to your python3 distribution packages and then try executing the demo.

Best Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos
Madhumathi
Beginner

Hi Surya,

Thank you, your reply was helpful.

0 Kudos