Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

OpenVINO install_prerequisites.bat not running on Windows 10

Morgan1
Novice

I've been trying to install OpenVINO on my Windows 10 computer by following the installation instructions on the OpenVINO website. I keep getting the attached error when I get to the step of running install_prerequisites.bat as well as when I try to configure the model optimizer for each framework separately also. I have the most recent release of tensorflow, 2.4.1, so I'm not quite sure how to resolve this issue.

Can anyone please offer any assistance?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wan_Intel

Hi Morgan1,

Good to know that you are using Python 3.8.9 (64-bit) on your computer.

Which OpenVINO™ version you are using?

I was able to generate the same error when I use the OpenVINO™ version 2020.3 and below. This is because Python 3.8 is only supported by OpenVINO™ version 2021.1 onwards.

Thus, please install the OpenVINO™ version 2021.2 and give it a try. Do come back to us if your issue still persists.

Regards,

Wan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi Morgan1,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I’ve investigated your issue, and the reason for your error is that you are using Python 3.8.9 (32-bit). Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit requires Python 64-bit, as mentioned here.

Which Python edition (32-bit or 64-bit) are you using? You can check your Python edition by typing “python” in the Command Prompt.

Please install Python 3.8.9 (64-bit) and give a try to run the install_prerequisites.bat again.

Regards,

Wai Fook

0 Kudos
Morgan1
Novice

Hello Wai,

Thank you for your response. I do have the 64-bit version of python 3.8.9 installed. When I run the command you provided, this is what I get:

Python 3.8.9 (tags/v3.8.9:a743f81, Apr 6 2021, 14:02:34) [MSC v.1928 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

Do you have any other suggestions of what I might try to get OpenVINO working?

Thank you,

Morgan

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Morgan1,

Good to know that you are using Python 3.8.9 (64-bit) on your computer.

Which OpenVINO™ version you are using?

I was able to generate the same error when I use the OpenVINO™ version 2020.3 and below. This is because Python 3.8 is only supported by OpenVINO™ version 2021.1 onwards.

Thus, please install the OpenVINO™ version 2021.2 and give it a try. Do come back to us if your issue still persists.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Morgan1
Novice

Hello Wan,

This did resolve the issue. Thank you so much for your help!

Best,

Morgan

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Morgan1,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos