Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVX sample package and the Inference Engine?

RSun9
New Contributor I

Hi there,

One important component of the CV SDK is the Inference Engine, which is OpenVX agnostic. Another component of the SDK is the sample package, which can be downloaded here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/computer-vision-sdk-support/code-samples .

My understanding is that, of all the samples in the sample package, none uses the Inference Engine. That's why The Inference Engine comes with its own samples, which are not part of the CV SDK's sample package. Is this understanding right? Please confirm or correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Robby

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Robby,

You are correct- this sample focus is Model Optimizer and openVX. 

Regards,

Stav

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Robby,

Yes, you are correct. IE samples are currently separated from the sample package. 

Regards.

Stav

0 Kudos
RSun9
New Contributor I

Hi Stav,

Thanks for the response. So do I understand correctly that the cnn_alexnet sample can run correctly without the Inference Engine?

Thanks,

Robby

0 Kudos
Stav_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Robby,

You are correct- this sample focus is Model Optimizer and openVX. 

Regards,

Stav

0 Kudos
RSun9
New Contributor I

Hi Stav, Thanks for the confirmation.

-Robby

0 Kudos
Deepak_C_R
Beginner

Hi,

We are running cnn_alexnet sample code without inference engine. What is the differene (and use) if we are using Inferene Engine for doing the same ?.

0 Kudos
rtfss1gmail_com
Beginner

Hi, seems new beta R2 Windows SDK download is broken/unavailable.. can you fix it?

0 Kudos