Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

OpenVino 2022.1.0 does not detect VPU(MYRIAD): Configuration script errors.

Anzhela_G
Beginner

Hi,

I am having problems with configurations for Intel Vision Accelerator design with Intel Movidius VPU.

I did all the steps mentioned in the documentation:  https://docs.openvino.ai/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_ivad_vpu.html#vpu-guide

After running the configuration script it crashes with ./setup.sh install myd_vsc fail message and make errors.

I also tried to install the drivers again with running the setup.sh.

I didn't find anything in the Installation and Configuration issues section in documentation which could solve my problem.

After running ./hello_query_device script it shows me GNA, GPU, CPU, HDDL besides MYRIAD-X.

Could you answer what is the matter, please. I am attaching screenshots of all the outputs after running the scripts.

Regards.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

there might be conflicts between HDDL and MYRIAD plugin.

Try to reboot the host system and run with the MYRIAD Plugin or Kill the HDDL Plugin backend service (hddldaemon) and reset all Intel® Movidius™ VPUs before running an application that uses the MYRIAD Plugin:

kill -9 $(pidof hddldaemon autoboot)

pidof hddldaemon autoboot # Make sure none of them is alive

source /opt/intel/openvino_2022/setupvars.sh

${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR}/bin/bsl_reset

You may refer here.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos