Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVino installer failing to detect Intel GPU

semeda__jim
Beginner

While installing OpenVino R2 I got a warning saying that an Intel GPU is not detected and GPU optimization will not be available. I have an i7-6700K. The older version of the product was able to detect the Intel GPU.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Jim, 

are you using Linux or Windows? In Linux, the GPU installation can be performed after the software installation.

Best, 

Severine

0 Kudos
semeda__jim
Beginner

I am using Windows 10. But regardless, Intel's installer should be able to detect Intel's CPU. I did not see any warnings regarding firewalls or virus protection software, do they play a role in this?

0 Kudos
Sergey_L_Intel1
Employee

Hi Jim,

Could you please send installer logs files located under %TEMP%\intel_tmp_<username>folder?

0 Kudos
semeda__jim
Beginner

I had removed and reinstalled the package locally instead of online. I believe these should be the correct files. If not let me know. Thanks

0 Kudos
Shaoqiang_C_Intel

Failing to detect GPU also happened on Yocto. I am using Yocto 2.4.3. HWs used include apl-nuc and kbl-nuc. This would cause opencl libs would not be installed.

0 Kudos
Yang__Edward
Beginner

I have the same issue. CPU is corei5-8400. When installing R2 on Linux, the GUI showed:

Intel® GPU is not detected on this machine

Installation can continue; however, GPU optimization will not be available for the product.

==================================

More information:

My desktop is equipped with an nVidia video card. After I removed this card and used the default corei video output, the Openvino installation tool could detect the GPU.

Can we use nVidia as the video output and use integrated GPU for inference engine only?

0 Kudos