Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6386 Discussions

Openvino - Unable to set environment variables

Optimus
Beginner

I've have decided to install Openvino but I'm a relative newcomer to Linux so not too great at fixing issues yet.

I'm running Linux Mint 19.1  Tessa. I used the online installer with the UI and it all seemed to be fine until I can to set the environment variables. I get the following error:

optim@Optimus:~$ source /opt/intel/openvino_2021/bin/setupvars.sh
ls: cannot access '/opt/intel/openvino_2021/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/': No such file or directory
[setupvars.sh] ERROR: Can not find OpenVINO Python module for python3.7 by path /opt/intel/openvino_2021/python/python3.7 

I've tried a several of the fixes described on this community and on others but still no luck. Can anyone tell me the steps I need to do in order to fix it please? Feel free to assume I don't know much.... 

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

First and foremost, please note that currently only these Operating Systems are supported for Linux distribution:

• Ubuntu 18.04.x long-term support (LTS), 64-bit
  • CentOS 7.6, 64-bit (for target only)
  • Yocto Project v3.0, 64-bit (for target only and requires modifications)

Make sure that you had installed Python in your environment ( I recommend Python version 3.6 or 3.7).

Besides, make sure you had fulfilled the requirement as stated here.

Once you had set the OpenVINO toolkit correctly, you might be able to run the example as the guide shows.

However, back to my first point, your Linux distribution is not validated to work with OpenVINO. Hence, there is no guarantee for it to work.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question

Sinerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos