Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Packaging deployment as exe

Duggy
New Contributor I

Hi,

Have used the deployment manager to create the deployment package which has the bin folder, the deployment_tools, my application and licensing folder.

I take it that if I now take this zip folder and move it to another machine, unzip I can then run the py file for my application and it will run?

Is there a way to package all of this in an executable? Meaning that I just need to transfer the exe file across to the machine, double click and off we go? 

If not then is there a way to "encode" or secure the code from prying eyes?

Much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi Duggy,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Glad to know that you can use OpenVINO™ Deployment Manager to create a deployment package.

Yes, after you copy the generated zip file to another machine, you must unzip it. Next, before you run the python script for your application, you have to setup the environment with the following command:

cd <destination_dir>\openvino\

.\bin\setupvars.bat

For more information, please refer to Deploy Package on Target Systems.

On another note, we regret to inform you that it is not possible to package all of this in an executable. Because the deployment manager creates a deployment package by assembling the model, IR files, your application, and associated dependencies into a runtime package for your target device.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi Duggy,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. 

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos