Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Parallels Toolkit Error

idata
Employee

I'm getting " [Error 7] Toolkit Error: USB Failure. Code: Error opening device " on my Ubuntu VM using Parallels (Mac).

I read somewhere else that someone had gotten this to work with Parallels (but not VirtualBox): https://ncsforum.movidius.com/discussion/123/ncs-sdk-virtual-machine-support#latest

In addition, when I run dmesg | tail , I see the Movidius NCS as shown in the image.

Any pointers to how I can get this to work?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@georgievm_cms the link you posted simply refers back to the link that i posted, which says that VM is not recommended due to unstability of USB connection.

However, as you can see from my image, that the NCS is connected and detected, which is why I'm wondering why I'm still getting this problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@modx07 you did not mentioned which Ubuntu VM you use. Is it 16.04 LTS ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That's right, 16.04 LTS

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Same here - when running 'make examples' I get: [Error 7] Toolkit Error: USB Failure. Code: No devices found

Both dmesg and lsusb show that the device is found by the OS (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).
0 Kudos