Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6405 Discussions

Perfectly set up OpenVino multiple times, encountering same NCS2 error on multiple installations

Matthew_Beck
Novice

Hello,

I successfully downloaded OpenVino 2022.3.1 for Raspberry Pi 64bit OS with compatible Python 3.9.18, and have gotten setupvars.sh to successfully initialize OpenVino every time terminal starts up by adding this line to my ~/.bashrc file with the 2022.3.1 guide here: https://docs.openvino.ai/2022.3/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_raspbian.html and this was my output:

~/.bashrc line:

# initialize OpenVino Python 3.9.18 environment
source /opt/intel/openvino_2022.3.1/setupvars.sh

terminal output:

[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized
matthewthomasbeck@raspberrypi:~ $

I have also successfully downloaded OpenVino 2022.2.0.7713 for Raspberry Pi 32bit OS with compatible Python 3.7.17, and have gotten setupvars.sh to successfully initialize OpenVino every time terminal starts up by adding this line to my ~/.bashrc file per the tutorial here: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Distribution-of-OpenVINO/Followed-Arm7-single-board-tutorial-for-NCS2-keep-encountering/m-p/1562572/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExSQ1pXOUY3WFRINlJUfDE1NjI1NzJ8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M30515

and did the 2022.2.0.7713 setup here: https://docs.openvino.ai/archive/2022.2/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_raspbian.html#development-and-target-systems and got an output that looked like this:

~/.bashrc line:

# initialize OpenVino Python 3.7.17 environment
source /opt/intel/openvino_2022.2.0.7713/setupvars.sh

terminal output:

[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized
matthewthomasbeck@raspberrypi:~ $

So as you can see, OpenVino was installed perfectly per the instructions given.

BUT as soon as I try and continue to the section where I configure my NCS2 and go here: https://docs.openvino.ai/archive/2022.2/openvino_docs_install_guides_configurations_for_ncs2.html#ncs-guide-raspbianos when I enter this line into terminal for both versions:

terminal input for OpenVino 2022.3.1

$ sh /opt/intel/openvino_2022.3.1/install_dependencies/install_NCS_udev_rules.sh

terminal input for OpenVino 2022.2.0.3317

$ sh /opt/intel/openvino_2022.2.0.3317/install_dependencies/install_NCS_udev_rules.sh

I get this error statement for both versions:

terminal output for both versions:

File '97-myriad-usbboot.rules' is missing. Please make sure you installed 'Inference Engine Runtime for Intel Movidius VPU'.

How can I proceed? I am terrified that whatever I do, I'll break my installation, I've already tried 8 times to get this to work and am starting to run out of hope for this thing.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Megat_Intel

Hi Matthew_Beck,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The error is because OpenVINO™ was not able to locate the "97-myriad-usbboot.rules" file. For your information, you need to be in the "install_dependencies" directory first before running "install_NCS_udev_rules.sh" file:

cd /opt/intel/openvino_2022.3.1/install_dependencies
sh install_NCS_udev_rules.sh

2024-01-19-154408_1920x1200_scrot.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Megat

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Megat_Intel

Hi Matthew_Beck,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The error is because OpenVINO™ was not able to locate the "97-myriad-usbboot.rules" file. For your information, you need to be in the "install_dependencies" directory first before running "install_NCS_udev_rules.sh" file:

cd /opt/intel/openvino_2022.3.1/install_dependencies
sh install_NCS_udev_rules.sh

2024-01-19-154408_1920x1200_scrot.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Megat

Matthew_Beck
Novice

So I continued forward with your command on both installations, but now I am getting errors on both installations when I continue with the NCS2 setup I mentioned:

OpenVino 2022.3.1:

user@raspberrypi:~/build $ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv8" /opt/intel/openvino_2022.3.1/samples/cpp
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 12.2.0
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - failed
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ - broken
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.25/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake:63 (message):
The C++ compiler

"/usr/bin/c++"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: /home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-6ZWvOV

Run Build Command(s):/usr/bin/gmake -f Makefile cmTC_49c93/fast && /usr/bin/gmake -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_49c93.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_49c93.dir/build
gmake[1]: Entering directory '/home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-6ZWvOV'
Building CXX object CMakeFiles/cmTC_49c93.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o
/usr/bin/c++ -march=armv8 -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_49c93.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o -c /home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-6ZWvOV/testCXXCompiler.cxx
cc1plus: error: unknown value ‘armv8’ for ‘-march’
cc1plus: note: valid arguments are: armv8-a armv8.1-a armv8.2-a armv8.3-a armv8.4-a armv8.5-a armv8.6-a armv8.7-a armv8.8-a armv8-r armv9-a native; did you mean ‘armv8-a’?
gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_49c93.dir/build.make:78: CMakeFiles/cmTC_49c93.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-6ZWvOV'
gmake: *** [Makefile:127: cmTC_49c93/fast] Error 2

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:10 (project)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

OpenVino 2022.2.0.7713:

user@raspberrypi:~/build $ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a" /opt/intel/openvino_2022.2.0.7713/samples/cpp
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.25/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake:63 (message):
  The C++ compiler

"/usr/bin/c++"

Change Dir: /home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-Pyx6be

Run Build Command(s):/usr/bin/gmake -f Makefile cmTC_718d8/fast && /usr/bin/gmake  -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_718d8.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_718d8.dir/build
    gmake[1]: Entering directory '/home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-Pyx6be'
    Building CXX object CMakeFiles/cmTC_718d8.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o
    /usr/bin/c++   -march=armv7-a  -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_718d8.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o -c /home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-Pyx6be/testCXXCompiler.cxx
    cc1plus: error: '-mfloat-abi=hard': selected architecture lacks an FPU
    gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_718d8.dir/build.make:78: CMakeFiles/cmTC_718d8.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o] Error 1
    gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-Pyx6be'
    gmake: *** [Makefile:127: cmTC_718d8/fast] Error 2

How should I proceed?

0 Kudos
Matthew_Beck
Novice
0 Kudos
Matthew_Beck
Novice

I followed your instructions, but encountered errors when doing subsequent commands found here: https://docs.openvino.ai/archive/2022.2/openvino_docs_install_guides_configurations_for_ncs2.html#ncs-guide-raspbianos I run into more errors as soon as I enter this line: 

OpenVino 2022.3.1 64-bit terminal:

user@raspberrypi:~ $ cd build
user@raspberrypi:~/build $ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a" /opt/intel/openvino_2022.3.1/samples/cpp
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:135 (message):
  Failed to find 'gflags' library using 'nothreads_static' component

user@raspberrypi:~/build $

OpenVino 2022.2.0.7713 32-bit terminal:

user@raspberrypi:~/build $ cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-march=armv7-a" /opt/intel/openvino_2022.2.0.7713/samples/cpp
  The C++ compiler

"/usr/bin/c++"

Change Dir: /home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-Pyx6be

Run Build Command(s):/usr/bin/gmake -f Makefile cmTC_718d8/fast && /usr/bin/gmake  -f CMakeFiles/cmTC_718d8.dir/build.make CMakeFiles/cmTC_718d8.dir/build
    gmake[1]: Entering directory '/home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-Pyx6be'
    Building CXX object CMakeFiles/cmTC_718d8.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o
    /usr/bin/c++   -march=armv7-a  -o CMakeFiles/cmTC_718d8.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o -c /home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-Pyx6be/testCXXCompiler.cxx
    cc1plus: error: '-mfloat-abi=hard': selected architecture lacks an FPU
    gmake[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/cmTC_718d8.dir/build.make:78: CMakeFiles/cmTC_718d8.dir/testCXXCompiler.cxx.o] Error 1
    gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/home/user/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeScratch/TryCompile-Pyx6be'
    gmake: *** [Makefile:127: cmTC_718d8/fast] Error 2

user@raspberrypi:~/build $

How do I proceed? Thank you

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi Matthew_Beck,

Thank you for your question. This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Megat