Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Problem getting classification_sample.exe' to run

Lawton__John
Beginner

Hi

I tried to execute the demo program classification_sample.exe as a 'Release  X64 ' under the Microsoft IDE. Though the batch window opened up the following errors were reported - at least indicating various dlls not found. Also the batch command window reported the inference engine dll not found.

Looks like a phase of the overall installation failed? 

Any guidance much appreciated

Stewart

'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\jacqui\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_2017\intel64\Release\classification_sample.exe'. Module was built without symbols.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\combase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\bcryptprimitives.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32full.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcp_win.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\win32u.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\jacqui\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_2017\intel64\Release\cpu_extension.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'classification_sample.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Users\jacqui\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_2017\intel64\Release\format_reader.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
The thread 0x61c4 has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135).
The thread 0x3748 has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135).
The program '[14764] classification_sample.exe' has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135) 'A dependent dll was not found'.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Hi John,

I would try the Dependency Walker and find what dlls are missing, then copy to the same folder as classification_sample.exe. FWIW it typically needs format reader, opencv, inference engine and extensions dll + plug-in dlls. When running the batch script that sets up the OpenVino environment most of this is set automatically.

Maybe try again after manual copy (not all of them are needed but safer to copy all to support all inference devices)  of

clDNN64.dll  
cpu_extension_avx2.dll  
format_reader.dll  
GNAPlugin.dll   
HeteroPlugin.dll      
libiomp5md.dll    
mkl_tiny_omp.dll  
opencv_pvl401d.dll 
opencv_world401d.dll
clDNNPlugin.dll  
cpu_extension.dll       
gna.dll            
HDDLPlugin.dll  
inference_engine.dll  
MKLDNNPlugin.dll  
myriadPlugin.dll  
opencv_pvl401.dll   
opencv_world401.dll

Cheers,

nikos

0 Kudos
Lawton__John
Beginner

Hi Nikos

Thank you very much for your guidance.

1) I experimented with the Dependency Walker you suggested - it certainly helps to appreciate what is going on!

2) As suggested I tried copying in any dlls into the classification_sample.exe directory  that the classification_sample.exe complains are missing when launched.

This entailed copying    inference_engine.dll  and opencv_world401.dll  

3) The result was that  command line classification_sample.exe -h executed returning help text as expected.

I will work through the other command line options to gain a better understanding of functionality before exploring the other samples.

Once again thank you very much for your useful suggestions

(John)  Stewart

0 Kudos
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Hello Stewart,

Good progress! Just specify -m for a model (path to network .xml ;  .bin and optionally .labels should be be in the same folder) and -i for test input media and should work.

> This entailed copying    inference_engine.dll  and opencv_world401.dll  

I think you are going to need one of the plug-in dlls too as you get to the inference part.

For example -d CPU will need the MKLDNN plug-in MKLDNNPlugin.dll, and mkl_tiny_omp.dll -d GPU needs  clDNNPlugin.dll, etc.

Also some networks, like the SSD, will need cpu_extension.dll   etc.

It may be the case that can already find some of them from their original places after setting up OpenVino environment but that just gives a low level view of dependencies in case you want to deploy stand-alone code and not have to install any of the SDK components.

Cheers,

nikos

0 Kudos
Kulecz__Walter
New Contributor I

I'm having this problem too, there has got to be some Windows equivalent of Linux ldconfig so the libraries can be found from anywhere.

I gave up on Windows when 8 came out, best decision I ever made, but I was given a Windows10 box to try and get OpenVINO running on.

I have managed to get some Python samples downloaded from GitHub running after fixing a few trivial Windows vs Linux Python issues but no luck at all with the C++ samples supplied with OpenVINO.

0 Kudos
Reschke__Spencer
Beginner

I'm having a similar problem when trying to run demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat to verify my openVino installation. I'm on Windows 10 64bit. I run the following

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo>demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat

and I get back

target_precision = FP32
Python 3.5.2
ECHO is off.
PYTHONPATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\python\python3.5;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\python\python3.5;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\python\python3.5;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\python\python3.5;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\python\python3.5;C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\python\python3.5;
[setupvars.bat] OpenVINO environment initialized
INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino
Python 3.5.2
ECHO is off.
Requirement already satisfied: pyyaml in c:\users\reschkes\appdata\roaming\python\python35\site-packages (5.1.1)
Requirement already satisfied: requests in c:\users\reschkes\appdata\roaming\python\python35\site-packages (2.18.4)
Requirement already satisfied: chardet<3.1.0,>=3.0.2 in c:\users\reschkes\appdata\roaming\python\python35\site-packages (from requests) (3.0.4)
Requirement already satisfied: idna<2.7,>=2.5 in c:\users\reschkes\appdata\roaming\python\python35\site-packages (from requests) (2.6)
Requirement already satisfied: urllib3<1.23,>=1.21.1 in c:\users\reschkes\appdata\roaming\python\python35\site-packages (from requests) (1.22)
Requirement already satisfied: certifi>=2017.4.17 in c:\users\reschkes\appdata\roaming\python\python35\site-packages (from requests) (2019.3.9)
Download public squeezenet1.1 model

Models have been loaded previously. Skip loading model step.
Model path: C:\Users\ReschkeS\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\models\FP32\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe\squeezenet1.1.prototxt

Waiting for 5 seconds, press a key to continue ...

Target folder C:\Users\ReschkeS\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP32\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe already exists. Skipping IR generation with Model Optimizer.
If you want to convert a model again, remove the entire C:\Users\ReschkeS\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP32\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe folder.

Waiting for 7 seconds, press a key to continue ...

###############|| Generate VS solution for Inference Engine samples using cmake ||###############

Waiting for 3 seconds, press a key to continue ...

Target folder C:\Users\ReschkeS\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build_2017 already exists. Skipping samples building.
If you want to rebuild samples, remove the entire C:\Users\ReschkeS\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build_2017 folder.

Waiting for 7 seconds, press a key to continue ...

###############|| Run Inference Engine classification sample ||###############

Waiting for 3 seconds, press a key to continue ...
        1 file(s) copied.
classification_sample.exe -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\\car.png" -m "C:\Users\ReschkeS\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\FP32\classification\squeezenet\1.1\caffe\squeezenet1.1.xml" -d CPU

###############|| Classification demo completed successfully ||###############

Waiting for 10 seconds, press a key to continue ...

However, I get the following System Error:

The code execution cannot proceed because svml_dispmd.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I've deleted and reinstalled openVino a few times, but that doesn't fix the problem. Any direction from here would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
RDeBo
Novice

Same issue as last reply here

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

setupvars.bat  (under bin) should be run first, which sets environment variables in the shell from which you run demos. As nikos suggested, please run dependency walker if demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat still fails (and nikos has provided you with a list of OpenVino related DLLs above to check with dependency walker).

That said I strongly suspect that your installation was done incorrectly. Did you carefully follow OpenVino Windows Installation Steps ? Step number 2 involves installing dependencies. Did you make sure to do this ?

Why not uninstall all versions of OpenVino you have on your machine, start from scratch, download the latest OpenVino 2019R1.1 and try again, this time carefully following the aforementioned document ?

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Cardoso__Marcelo
Beginner

I had the same problem above, "inference engine not found", which was solved by running setupvars.bat from the directory where the samples are located as below. I had initially run it at their original location.

C:\Users\'user'\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build\intel64\Release>"C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2019.1.148\bin\setupvars.bat"

0 Kudos
Dalakoti__Shashwat

This problem of missing .dll and other files is arising because in this case the user is running classification_sample.exe, which is in a complete different directory from the one from which the user initially executed setupvars.bat    

A simple solution to this error is to run the setupvars.bat  script again from the  C:\Users\'user_name'\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build\intel64\Release  directory. This can be done either by permanently setting a path to setupvars.bat in the environment variables OR doing it manually  by:-

C:\Users\"User_name"\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build\intel64\Release> "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2020.2.117\bin\setupvars.bat"

This solves the issue. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos