Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Problem with OpenVINO on HDDL (UP AI Core XP4)

MPick4
Innovator

Trying to run "Interactive Face Detection" sample on UP AI Core XP4 board. I built the sample using OpenVINO 2019R3 and it runs fine on CPU or GPU. It also runs on NCS2. However, running same model with -d HDDL returns an error:

Cannot load library 'C:\TestHDDL\Release\HDDLPlugin.dll': 126 from cwd: C:\TestHDDL\Release

NOTE: The specified dll is in fact in that location, so the issue isn't that it's missing!

0 Kudos
31 Replies
MAURICIOAL_R_Intel

Hello MPick4,

We went through the installation process on a fresh Windows installation using an AI Core X. Unfortunately, we don't have an AI Core XP 4 available but the process should be the same.

Following the OpenVINO Toolkit for Windows installation instructions:

1. Installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition with Desktop development with C++, Universal Windows Platform development, and MSBuild
  2. Installed Python 3.7.5 (64 bit)
  3. Installed CMake 3.16.0
  4. Installed OpenVINO Toolkit 2019 R3.1
  5. Installed the drivers listed under the additional steps for Intel Vision Accelerators

Built the demos:

1. cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\inference_engine\demos"
  2. build_demos_msvc.bat

Navigate to the build directory

1. C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\omz_demos_build\intel64\Release

Download the model

1. python "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\tools\model_downloader\downloader.py" --name face-detection-adas-0001

Source the environment

1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\bin\setupvars.bat"

Run the sample demo

1. interactive_face_detection_demo.exe -i cam -d HDDL -m intel\face-detection-adas-0001\FP16\face-detection-adas-0001.xml

When the demo runs with the command above, a second command prompt is opened automatically and starts the HDDL autoboot.exe. Also, when autoboot.exe ran the device manager displayed the Myriad device as VSC Loopback Device instead of Myriad X.

From the steps above, is there anything different from your setup?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MAURICIOAL_R_Intel

Hello, 

I'm contacting you to give a follow up on this case. Could you please tell me if the issue is solved? 

I will help you further with any other questions you may have. 

Regards, 

Mauricio R. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

A Contingent Worker at Intel.

0 Kudos
MPick4
Innovator

In the detailed follow up that explained steps to reproduce the install, the only potential issue is with the "Additional Steps" in step 5. After installing VSC device driver I also installed the SMBUS driver but I must admit I'm not entirely sure if it's needed for the AI Core XP4 board. Can you please clarify?

Still not having any luck!

0 Kudos
MAURICIOAL_R_Intel

Thank you for your response,

We currently don't have a UP AI Core XP4 to verify if the additional driver is needed; we are expecting to get one this week to test your issue. Meanwhile, could you post your question here please: https://forum.up-community.org/categories/up-ai-core-products

We will contact you back with an answer when we are able to reproduce your issue on our board.

Regards,

Mauricio R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi MPick4,

I apologize for the delay in our response, we just received the UP AI Core XP4 yesterday. I followed the steps mentioned above and was able to run the interactive_face_detection_demo without any issues. I don't believe the SMBUS driver is needed for the UP AI Core XP4 board as I did not install it.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
MPick4
Innovator

Thanks, we'll try uninstalling and re-installing without the SMBUS driver.

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi MPick4,

Please let us know the outcome of your tests.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
MPick4
Innovator

Being honest, we've already been able to get the XP4 working by pretending it was an actual NCS2! That way, it did actually seem to be running on all 4 devices, too, and without uninstalling the SMBUS driver. Given this, I'm not very much motivated to try the uninstall/reinstall any time soon...

0 Kudos
MPick4
Innovator

It would be good to update some documentation, somewhere, that installing the SMBUS driver isn't needed!

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi MPick4,

I agree, the documentation needs to be updated to specify which vision accelerator devices requires the SMBUS driver. Are you currently using the XP4 with the MYRIAD plugin or the HDDL plugin? Or could you clarify what you mean by "pretending it was an actual NCS2"?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
MAURICIOAL_R_Intel

Hello MPick4, 

I'm contacting you to give a follow up on this case. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards, 

Mauricio R. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos