Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Problem with path used for --extensions

Rik_A_Intel
Employee

Hi.

In an attempt to keep the extensions I'm writing separate from those supplied with OpenVino for debug purposes, I've been using the --extensions command line switch.

I found this was failing initially with my extensions in a directory called "<mypath>\extensions\ops" ...

python mo.py --extensions <mypath>\extensions    ### Fails - finds the python file but complains that there is no such module...

It seems after much experimentation this will only work if the name of the directory that your own extensions are in is something other than "extensions"...

python mo.py --extensions <mypath>\extensions_foo   ### Succeeds

Note that any other modules that depend on this then have to import from "extensions_foo.ops."

I've not found this limitation documented anywhere yet - it does seem unfortunate.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Sergey_L_Intel2
Employee

Hi Rik,

You are right this is a missing item that should be added to known issues. It is sad that you spent your time trying to work around it.

- Sergey

0 Kudos