Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Putting cv2.puttext() method but no show in window in multi_camera_multi_person python demo 2020.3

Lenard-Lim
Beginner

Hi, 

I set up the multi camera demo and it can show person re-identification successfully. So I am trying to put a simple counting to this demo. I am not sure where can I put the cv2.puttext() function in the python code. So I am putting the cv2.puttext() method in visualization.py file to show the text. I type the python code below in the def visualize_multicam_detections() in visualization file.

cv.putText(vis, f'Total Persons : {}', (40,70), cv.FONT_HERSHEY_SIMPLEX, 0.8, (255,0,0), 2) #counting

It can show but because I don't know which code is reid so I cannot count how many person in the screen.

So, may I know:

why the cv2.puttext() method cannot show text in multi camera tracking window when type in def plot_timeline function of visualization.py file?

and which code is person re-id? Can I put cv2.puttext in other file? and can you help me to point out the person re-id's code in this demo?

I add the cv2.put function like this

Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adli

Hi Lenard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please note that modifying the demo code/script is not recommended. Modifying the demo code/script may cause the demo unable to perform properly.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
Adli

Hi Lenard,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos