Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Python CreateExtension cannot locate method: 127

Drinu
Beginner

Hi, I have OpenVino 2021 installed and when I execute the multi_camera_multi_person.tracking.py script that is found in the documentation a "RuntimeError: GetProcAddress cannot locate method 'CreateExtension': 127" Occur. Anyone have a fix for this error, please? I have been struggling with this error for days and can't find a solution.

Command: 

python multi_camera_multi_person_tracking.py -i datasets/HallWayTracking/videos/001.avi datasets/HallWayTracking/videos/002.avi datasets/HallWayTracking/videos/005.avi -m model/intel/person-detection-retail-0013/FP32-INT8/person-detection-retail-0013.xml --m_reid model/intel/person-reidentification-retail-0031/FP32-INT8/person-reidentification-retail-0031.xml --config config.py -l "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\MKLDNNPlugin.dll"

Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "multi_camera_multi_person_tracking.py", line 254, in <module>
main()
File "multi_camera_multi_person_tracking.py", line 242, in main
capture.get_num_sources())
File "H:\MultiCameraDetectionProject\utils\network_wrappers.py", line 27, in __init__
self.net = load_ie_model(ie, model_path, device, None, ext_path, num_reqs=max_num_frames)
File "H:\MultiCameraDetectionProject\utils\ie_tools.py", line 57, in load_ie_model
ie.add_extension(cpu_extension, 'CPU')
File "ie_api.pyx", line 441, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IECore.add_extension
RuntimeError: GetProcAddress cannot locate method 'CreateExtension': 127

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hello,

I'm curious, where in documentation you saw using the -l "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\MKLDNNPlugin.dll" option for this demo?

Demo documentation recommends the minimal settings to run it:

Minimum command examples to run the demo for person tracking (for vehicle tracking the commands are the same with appropriate vehicle detection/re-identification models):

# videos
python multi_camera_multi_target_tracking.py \
    -i path/to/video_1.avi path/to/video_2.avi \
    --m_detector path/to/person-detection-retail-0013.xml \
    --m_reid path/to/person-reidentification-retail-0103.xml \
    --config configs/person.py

Regards,
  Vladimir

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Andre,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have tried to replicate this issue from our end using similar arguments used in your command and the sample failed to run. But when we remove the '-l "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\openvino_2021\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\MKLDNNPlugin.dll" argument from the command, the sample is able to run properly.

We would suggest you define each argument correctly. If possible, please refer to the minimal command example at the following link:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/omz_demos_python_demos_multi_camera_multi_target_tracking_README.html#command_line_arguments

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Andre,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored. 

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos