Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Read only status for MYRIAD configuration on workbench

Benguigui__Michael

Hi, I am trying to optimize an imported model for my MYRIAD via OpenVINO workbench.. But I get a the following message:

"Optimize button is not available because the selected project has the Read-Only status."

I am using this command to start OpenVINO workbench

./start_workbench.sh -IMAGE_NAME openvino/workbench -TAG latest -ENABLE_MYRIAD -DETACHED -ASSETS_DIR /hdd-raid0/openvino_workbench

with the following file hierarchy

➜ openvino_workbench ls -al /hdd-raid0/openvino_workbench
total 1984
drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 126 mai 19 10:50 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 444 mai 19 01:06 ..
drwxr-xr-x 1 5665 workbench 20 avril 26 14:10 datasets
drwxr-xr-x 1 5665 workbench 164 avril 26 13:43 models
drwx------ 1 5665 workbench 512 mai 19 10:53 postgresql_data_directory
-rw-r--r-- 1 5665 workbench 2009444 mai 19 11:18 server.log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 5665 workbench 64 févr. 16 14:42 token.txt
drwxr-xr-x 1 5665 workbench 0 févr. 16 14:42 users

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello Benguigui__Michael

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. This question is related to the OpenVINO™ Toolkit, so we will move the thread to the appropriate forum. 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out. DL Workbench marks models, datasets, and projects as Read-only when you share only profiling data. It is not possible to run optimizations, profiling, or measurements on removed assets in Read-only mode. However, you can import new models and datasets.

This information is available at the following link:

Share Profiling Data

Regards,

Syamimi

0 Kudos
Benguigui__Michael
0 Kudos
artyom_tugaryov
Employee

Hi Michael,

DL Workbench marks projects as read-only if there is no model or dataset in the file system and the device is not available (for example, disable MYRIAD). You cannot start new profiling or optimization in a read-only project. And DL Workbench cannot clear the "Read-Only" from a project check box.

The situation you described could arise if you run the DL Workbench with an unplugged MYRIAD device. I think, in your case, the solution is to repeat actions with your model.

0 Kudos
Benguigui__Michael

Thanks a lot for your reply. Unplugging/plugging the NCS2 and restarting the workbench docker container does not fix it. I temporarely solved it by removing all my data (datasets, models, postgresql_data_directory) from my assets dir, and restarting the workbench docker container. And since today, I get the "read only" status in my MYRIAD based configurations again. The 2 steps procedure of "Share Profiling Data on Linux and macOS" is not clear since it recommends to move the asset dir to another machine (without the datasets and models folders). What am I supposed to do with my full local installation?

Thx

0 Kudos
Syamimi_Intel

Hello Benguigui__Michael,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Syamimi

0 Kudos