Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Run demo use NCS2 error

Hung__Edwin
Beginner

Environment : ubuntu 16.04
My version is latest version  "l_openvino_toolkit_p_2019.1.144"
CPU : J3455

asrock@asrock-desktop:~/sample_release/intel64/Release$ ./interactive_face_detection_demo -i /dev/video0 -m /home/asrock/sample_release/intel_model/face-detection-0004/FP16/face-detection-retail-0004.xml -d MYRIAD
InferenceEngine: 
    API version ............ 1.6
    Build .................. custom_releases/2019/R1.1_28dfbfdd28954c4dfd2f94403dd8dfc1f411038b
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Reading input
[ INFO ] Loading plugin MYRIAD

Build .................. 23780
    Description ....... myriadPlugin
[ INFO ] Loading network files for Face Detection
[ INFO ] Batch size is set to 1
[ INFO ] Checking Face Detection network inputs
[ INFO ] Checking Face Detection network outputs
[ INFO ] Loading Face Detection model to the MYRIAD plugin
[ INFO ] Age/Gender DISABLED
[ INFO ] Head Pose DISABLED
[ INFO ] Emotions Recognition DISABLED
[ INFO ] Facial Landmarks DISABLED
[ INFO ] Start inference 
Press any key to stop
To close the application, press 'CTRL+C' or any key with focus on the output window
[ ERROR ] OpenCV(4.1.0-openvino) /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/imgproc/src/color.cpp:182: error: (-215:Assertion failed) !_src.empty() in function 'cvtColor'

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Edwin,

I believe the issue is due to the frame/image not loading properly. Could you try running the sample with an image instead of the camera feed?

~/sample_release/intel64/Release$ ./interactive_face_detection_demo -i <PATH to IMAGE> -m /home/asrock/sample_release/intel_model/face-detection-0004/FP16/face-detection-retail-0004.xml -d MYRIAD

Could you share additional information about the camera you are using? Are you able to open the camera feed using any application on Ubuntu?

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Hung__Edwin
Beginner

I  running the sample with an image but still has same problem

./interactive_face_detection_demo -i /home/asrock/sample_release/picture/600_php8n6pyu.jpg -m /home/asrock/sample_release/intel-model/face-detection-0004/FP16/face-detection-retail-0004.xml -d MYRIAD 
InferenceEngine: 
    Build .................. custom_releases/2019/R1.1_28dfbfdd28954c4dfd2f94403dd8dfc1f411038b
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Reading input
[ INFO ] Loading plugin MYRIAD

Build .................. 23780
    Description ....... myriadPlugin
[ INFO ] Loading network files for Face Detection
[ INFO ] Batch size is set to 1
[ INFO ] Checking Face Detection network inputs
[ INFO ] Checking Face Detection network outputs
[ INFO ] Loading Face Detection model to the MYRIAD plugin
[ INFO ] Age/Gender DISABLED
[ INFO ] Head Pose DISABLED
[ INFO ] Emotions Recognition DISABLED
[ INFO ] Facial Landmarks DISABLED
[ INFO ] Start inference 
Press any key to stop
To close the application, press 'CTRL+C' or any key with focus on the output window
[ ERROR ] OpenCV(4.1.0-openvino) /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/imgproc/src/color.cpp:182: error: (-215:Assertion failed) !_src.empty() in function 'cvtColor'

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Hung, Edwin,

Please read the Interactive Face Detection Demo Documentation . You are not running the demo properly. You are missing several switches such as -m_ag -m_hp -m_em -m_lm...If you pass in all the required arguments, the demo should work fine.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
HeyyZeus
New Contributor I

Hi Edwin,

It looks like you are running the demo correct as the -i and -m are the only required parameters, everything else should be optional. I am not able to replicate your issue. Please make sure you are following all the steps on the getting started guide the Intel NCS 2. I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling OpenVINO to ensure everything is installed properly. Try running the demo mentioned in the getting started guide. 

cd ~/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/demo
./demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.sh -d MYRIAD

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Edwin,

It looks like you are running the demo correctly as the -m and -i are the only required parameters, all others are optional. I was able to run the demo with both an image and from the camera without any issues. Could you try to uninstall and re-install the OpenVINO toolkit? Please follow all the steps listed on the Get Started Guide for the Intel NCS 2.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos