Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Run openvino in jupyter notebook

tomlin918
Beginner

Hello, 

Could anyone assist? I have troubles in running openvino2020.4.287 on jupyter lab. The lab is based on Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS. 

Though I could successfully call openvino functions in terminal, but I ran into error saying

```ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openvino.inference_engine'```

I tried to ```bash /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh``` either at the beginning in terminal or in the notebook. They all showed ```[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized```

But again, The error persisted. 

I also tried to append sys path in the notebook. For instance, I add on the following paths in notebook.

['', '/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/python/python3.7', '/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/python/python3', '/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/deployment_tools/open_model_zoo/tools/accuracy_checker', '/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/deployment_tools/model_optimizer', '/home/jovyan', '/opt/conda/lib/python37.zip', '/opt/conda/lib/python3.7', '/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload', '/opt/conda/lib/python3.7/site-packages']

However,  when I called the openvino fucntion again, the error changed to saying:

```ImportError: libinference_engine.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory```

I tried to run the same openvino build number (2020.4) in my macbook, and it works. But then, when I deploy it to ubuntu based jupyter lab in our company hub, it broke down.

I'd be really grateful if anyone could come to help. 

Thanks.

Tom

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are currently investigating this issue and will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Adli

IntelSupport

Hi Tom,

Thank you for waiting. I have replicated this issue on my side. But I did not encounter the errors as you mentioned. The issue is possibly due to missing some installation steps during OpenVINO installation. My advice is that you reinstall the OpenVINO toolkit. Please refer to the following link to download the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/openvino-toolkit/download.html

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Tom,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos