Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Running Custom IR files in Video

zian123
Novice

Hello, 

I am facing problem when I want to run a custom object detection Yolo v3 model in openVino.

Let me explain, I have trained a custom yolo v3 model of 3 classes, then I have generated IR files using OpenVino Documentation and successfully got .xml and .bin file.  now when I try the .xml file to run in a custom video, i have got error. I am running in "python object_detection_sample_ssd.py" in this code which I have got from the "sample " folder.

I gave this command:

(OpenVino_env) C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino_2021.4.582\inference_engine\samples\python\object_detection_sample_ssd>python object_detection_sample_ssd.py -i "C:/Users/Md. Afique Amin Zian/Desktop/tensorflow-yolo-v3-master/test.jpg" -m "C:/Users/Md. Afique Amin Zian/Desktop/tensorflow-yolo-v3-master/frozen_darknet_yolov3_model.xml"

This is the error:

[ INFO ] Creating Inference Engine
[ INFO ] Reading the network: C:/Users/Md. Afique Amin Zian/Desktop/tensorflow-yolo-v3-master/frozen_darknet_yolov3_model.xml
[ ERROR ] The sample supports models with 1 output or with 2 with the names "boxes" and "labels"

I don't understand why I have got this error, is there anything regarding the custom Yolo file because while converting the yolo model to IR files, I have used "Yolo_v3.json" file from OpenVino Model Optimizer Folder, that file is showing 80 classes but I have only 3 classes, so is there any problem on that.

Let me know, if I have .xml and .bin file for my model, then how can I run the model in a python code on a video.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Syamimi_Intel

Hi Zian Md Afique Amin,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Syamimi

0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

@zian123 have you compared your model performance running in its original framework (meaning before you convert it to IR)?

0 Kudos