Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Smart classroom demo not recongizing face

GMath7
Beginner

Hi,

I tried executing smart classroom demo application as mentioned in the webpage.

./smart_classroom_demo -m_act /home/myPC/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/intel_models/person-detection-action-recognition-0003/FP32/person-detection-action-recognition-0003.xml -m_fd /home/myPC/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/intel_models/face-detection-adas-0001/FP32/face-detection-adas-0001.xml -m_reid /home/myPC/computer_vision_sdk_2018.4.420/deployment_tools/intel_models/face-reidentification-retail-0071/FP32/face-reidentification-retail-0071.xml -fg faces_gallery.json -i cam.

I have executed create_list.py to get faces_galley.json file, after giving cropped faces . But on executing the above command in terminal, the application labels face as Unknown along with the detected activity. For those people whose faces are not listed in faces_gallery.json, only their activity is labelled with no ' Unknown' also marked.

Could you please help in sorting out the problem. Also adding the faces_galley json contents below

{"amruth": ["/home/myPC/Desktop/Faces/amruth.1.png", "/home/myPC/Desktop/Faces/amruth.2.png", "/home/myPC/Desktop/Faces/amruth.3.png", "/home/myPC/Desktop/Faces/amruth.4.png", "/home/myPC/Desktop/Faces/amruth.5.png", "/home/myPC/Desktop/Faces/amruth.6.png"]}

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Gina,  OpenVino 2019 R1 was just released today. Can you download it and try ? Please post the results here.  

Thanks for using OpenVino !

Shubha

0 Kudos
GMath7
Beginner

Hi Shubha,

We checked the same in OpenVINO R1 2019. Still the same issue. But executing activity recognition model is fast when compared to 2018 R5 version.

regards,

Gina

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dearest Mathew, Gina,

This may in fact be a bug. Please send me the items required to run the smart classroom demo in a *.zip file. I have PM'd you - simply respond to the PM.

Thanks for your patience !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dearest Mathew, Gina,

Thank you for sending me your tightly-cropped faces and faces_gallery.json in a *.zip over PM. Now I have to ask two questions:

1) Does the video (it seems you passed in cam for webcam) you passed into -i actually represent a classroom setting ? Because unless you are facing an actual classroom with the webcam,  it will not work. Remember the models have been trained for a classroom setting.

2) do the faces which appear in faces_gallery.json appear in the classroom setting ?

The smart_classroom_demo README actually states this here:

The demo shows an example of joint usage of several neural networks to detect three basic actions (sitting, standing, raising hand) and recognize people by faces in the classroom environment.

I answered a similar forum question below:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/computer-vision/topic/805529

If you are actually webcamming to a classroom setting and the faces in faces_gallery.json are in that classroom, then yes - this is a bug.

Please let me know how your situation fits.

Thanks for using OpenVino !

Shubha

0 Kudos