Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Steps for installtion for Raspberry Pi 3 new sdk

idata
Employee

Can any one please guide me in installing/setting up movidius for raspberry pi 3 jessie? Existing tutorials are based on earlier sdk.

Thank you
0 Kudos
69 Replies
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel : Well, that explains why i can not proceed. Thanks for your response. I will then work with Caffe on the RPi (good enough for a lot of use cases anyways, but i just have this habit to look for TF) and migrate to an X86 based Ubuntu for TF.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@jfey You're welcomed. If there is any progress made on this, I will contact you or float this thread to the top. Have a good one.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel is tensorflow for raspberry pi supported in the latest SDK ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@karthik I was able to build graph files for the TensorFlow examples for NCSDK 2. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel I haven't got the device yet, the device is on the way. I'll check then and update

I tried installing only the api as mentioned in this blog post : https://movidius.github.io/blog/ncs-apps-on-rpi/ but it fails at the make command and gives the following error :

cc -shared obj-armv7l/mvnc_api.o obj-armv7l/fp16.o obj-armv7l//home/pi/workspace/ncsdk/api/src/common/components/XLink/pc/usb_boot.o obj-armv7l//home/pi/workspace/ncsdk/api/src/common/components/XLink/shared/XLink.o obj-armv7l//home/pi/workspace/ncsdk/api/src/common/components/XLink/shared/XLinkDispatcher.o obj-armv7l//home/pi/workspace/ncsdk/api/src/common/components/XLinkConsole/pc/XLinkConsole.o obj-armv7l//home/pi/workspace/ncsdk/api/src/common/components/XLink/pc/UsbLinkPlatform.o -o obj-armv7l/libmvnc.so.0 -lpthread -lusb-1.0 -ldl -lmvnc_highclass -L/usr/local/lib/ /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmvnc_highclass collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status Makefile:50: recipe for target 'obj-armv7l/libmvnc.so.0' failed make: *** [obj-armv7l/libmvnc.so.0] Error 1

I used the NCSDK2 for the api… what went wrong ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @karthik the error you got with ncsdk 2.04 when building the api as the blog describes is a known issue with that release and is planned to be fixed in the next release. In general NCSDK2 (including the 2.04 release) installs and runs on RPi very close to the way it work on Ubuntu. That is clone the repo and run make install should work.

There is a note regarding Raspberry Pi on the installation page in the 2.04 documentation that you will want to take a look at. I'll copy here as its easy to miss:

Raspberry Pi Installation Notes

We recommend a 16GB SD card for a full NCSDK installation.

You will likely need to increase the swapfile size on the Raspberry Pi in order to successfully complete NCSDK and/or OpenCV installation. To increase the swapfile size, edit the value of CONF_SWAPSIZE in /etc/dphys-swapfile:

sudo nano /etc/dphys-swapfile

The default value is 100 (MB). We recommend that you change this to 1024 (MB) or greater.

Then restart the swapfile service:

sudo /etc/init.d/dphys-swapfile restart

After you have installed the NCSDK (and optionally OpenCV), you should change the swapfile size back to 100 MB

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks @neal_at_intel. Was able to install the SDKv2 on raspberry pi

0 Kudos