Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

System fails to load OpenCV library

Florian_k_
Beginner

Hi,

I am developing an Android App which should detect specific Objects. My development environment is Android Studio (running on Windows 7 Professional) with Intel INDE openCV 3.0. Preview. 

After creating an "Intel INDE OpenCV JNI Project"  App with the Intel INDE wizard  in Android studio I install (I change nothing of the code) and run the App on my Nexus 5 (API 22) but the logcat of Android Studio gives me the following error:

08-31 23:31:04.075  19647-19647/com.example.admin_klui.cv2 D/OpenCV/StaticHelper﹕ First attempt to load libs fails
08-31 23:31:04.075  19647-19647/com.example.admin_klui.cv2 D/INDE OpenCV Tutorial﹕ Failed to load OpenCV library (INDE.INTEL.3.0.0.PREVIEW)

Has somebody an idea how to overcome this problem?

Thanks,

Florian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sergey_L_Intel2
Employee

Florian,

Intel INDE OpenCV 3.0. Preview supports x86 target architecture only. Nexus 5 is ARM. You need to run your app on x86 phone/tablet.

- Sergey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sergey_L_Intel2
Employee

Florian,

Intel INDE OpenCV 3.0. Preview supports x86 target architecture only. Nexus 5 is ARM. You need to run your app on x86 phone/tablet.

- Sergey

0 Kudos
Florian_k_
Beginner

Will there be ARM support when OpenCv 3.0 is available in the Final release or "GoldVersion"?

0 Kudos
GeorgeNotFound543

After creating an "Intel INDE OpenCV JNI Project"  App with the Intel INDE wizard  in Android studio I install (I change nothing of the code) and run the App on my Nexus 5 (API 22) but the logcat of Android Studio gives me.

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Florian,

There are no plans to support ARM for the time being.

0 Kudos