Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

The version of openvino in windows and raspberry don't fit

zy__wang
Beginner

version_not_fit.jpg

My openvino in windows is 2019R1,and my openvino in raspberry pi is 2018R5(the latest),when i try yolov3 and transport to the raspberry,it shows this problem.I can't download the old version of openvino in windows either.could anyone solve my problem please.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kulecz__Walter
New Contributor I

Shubha R. (Intel) wrote:

Dear Allan, Alasdair - thank you for figuring it all out ! wang, kindly see Allan, Alasdair's response. I will file a bug straightaway. 

Thanks for using OpenVino !

Shubha

Huh?

Where is Allan Alasdair's response?

I've finally got  the Pi 2018 release running on Pi3B+ and Oidroid XU-4  Is 2019 now available for the Pi?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Wang, 

I can send you the OpenVINO version of R5. I'll PM(private message) you.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Wang, that is strange, and if actually true - it's a bug which I should file. Raspberry PI and OpenVino should match up. Are you sure you followed the steps below ? Why do you feel that raspberry pi is 2018R5(the latest) is the latest ? That doesn't sound right.

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_raspbian.html

Please post your answers here.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
zy__wang
Beginner

Firstly I download the openvino for pi fllowed this link too,(https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_raspbian.html ),and I'm sure that I click the latest button ,but I don't know why I download the tgz file is 2018.5,so guess it is R5,but now I download is 2019 R1 for pi.

thank you,I'll try the 2019 R1 for pi and see is there a problem or not

0 Kudos
zy__wang
Beginner

Now I install the openvino2019 for pi,I initialized the environment of openvino and successfully added USB rules as you can see in the picture,and I even complete the face detection samples.I don't know why the error comes,that is no module named openvino

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear zy, wang,

That error you show always happens when you don't run setupvars.sh under bin. Did you forget to do that ? Please run that script first in the shell from which you execute OpenVino samples.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Allan__Alasdair
Beginner

I'm also experiencing this problem on the Raspberry Pi, 2008R5 worked for both C++ and Python. But with 2009R1 I can get the C++ samples to work without , but they Python samples don't work. Yes, I'm sourcing the setupvars.sh script from the .bashrc file. My guess is that it's a PYTHONPATH issue, although the setup script seems to be setting the path to the right place there doesn't seem to be any .py files present? Just the shared library files,

$ echo $PYTHONPATH

/home/pi/inference_engine_vpu_arm/python/python3.5:/home/pi/inference_engine_vpu_arm/deployment_tools/model_optimizer:

and if we look in /home/pi/inference_engine_vpu_arm/python/python3.5 we see this

$ ls /home/pi/inference_engine_vpu_arm/python/python3.5

armv7l  cv2.cpython-35m-arm-linux-gnueabihf.so

and in armv7l this,

$ ls /home/pi/inference_engine_vpu_arm/python/python3.5/armv7l/

openvino  requirements.txt

and in openvino this,

$ ls /home/pi/inference_engine_vpu_arm/python/python3.5/armv7l/openvino/

inference_engine  __init__.py

Unfortunately I don't have a copy of 2018R5 SD Card image or I'd install that on another card and go look to see what's different.

Anyway the TL;DR is that C++ works for me, Python doesn't as of 2019R1 release of OpenVINO for Raspbian.

0 Kudos
Allan__Alasdair
Beginner

Okay I've just managed to find a 2018R5 copy of the Raspbian toolkit, and confirmed it. Python works fine in 2018R5 but is broken in 2019R1. Help? 

0 Kudos
Allan__Alasdair
Beginner

So looking at the contents of the ie_api.so library in both 2018R5 and 2019R1 they look the same,

$ nm -D ie_api.so | grep IENetwork
0003b27c T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython8IEPlugin12queryNetworkB5cxx11ERKNS_9IENetworkE
00038f18 T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython8IEPlugin18setInitialAffinityERKNS_9IENetworkE
00038494 T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython8IEPlugin4loadERKNS_9IENetworkEiRKSt3mapINSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEESA_St4lessISA_ESaISt4pairIKSA_SA_EEE
0003a968 T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetwork10addOutputsERKSt6vectorINSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEESaIS7_EERKS7_
0003a4ac T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetwork10getOutputsB5cxx11Ev
00038cf4 T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetwork7reshapeERKSt3mapINSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEESt6vectorIjSaIjEESt4lessIS7_ESaISt4pairIKS7_SA_EEE
0003beac T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetwork8getStatsB5cxx11Ev
00038ca4 T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetwork8setBatchEj
0003911c T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetwork8setStatsERKSt3mapINSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEES1_IS7_St6vectorIfSaIfEESt4lessIS7_ESaISt4pairIKS7_SA_EEESC_SaISD_ISE_SH_EEE
00039d18 T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetwork9getInputsB5cxx11Ev
00039554 T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetwork9getLayersB5cxx11Ev
00038a68 T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetwork9serializeERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEES8_
00038ac4 T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetworkC1ERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEES8_
00038ac4 T _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetworkC2ERKNSt7__cxx1112basic_stringIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEES8_
00030438 W _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetworkD1Ev
00030438 W _ZN21InferenceEnginePython9IENetworkD2Ev

as does the __init.py__

from .ie_api import *
__version__ = get_version()
__all__ = ['IENetwork', "IEPlugin", "IENetReader"]

not really sure where to look here. The PYTHONPATHs look identical, as do the structure of the two Python directories. Anyone?

0 Kudos
Allan__Alasdair
Beginner

Okay, looks like it's a simple PYTHONPATH problem after all, the following, 

${PYTHONPATH}:/home/pi/inference_engine_vpu_arm/python/python3.5/armv7l

directory needs to get added to your PYTHONPATH, it has gone missing between 2018R5 and 2019R1 and will cause the modules to not be found.

0 Kudos
zy__wang
Beginner

Dear Shubha R.,

I'm sure that I run setupvars.sh,otherwise ,it won't show the [setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized,isn't it?

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Allan, Alasdair - thank you for figuring it all out ! wang, kindly see Allan, Alasdair's response. I will file a bug straightaway. 

Shubha

0 Kudos
Kulecz__Walter
New Contributor I

Shubha R. (Intel) wrote:

Shubha

Huh?

I've finally got  the Pi 2018 release running on Pi3B+ and Oidroid XU-4  Is 2019 now available for the Pi?

0 Kudos
zy__wang
Beginner

I don't see that either

0 Kudos
Allan__Alasdair
Beginner

Kulecz, Walter wrote:

Quote:

Huh?

Looks like my reply got held up in moderation. Scroll up, there is a PYTHONPATH problem, and it's fixable.

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Yep. And I have written a bug on this issue so hopefully in the next release, you will not have to deal with this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Kulecz__Walter
New Contributor I

Some guidance on how to upgrade would be a welcome addition to the installation instructions on the webpage.

Do we just download and repeat the installation process?  Is there an uninstall option somewhere?

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Kulecz, Walter,

if you re-execute the install.sh it should give you an option to uninstall. 

Shubha

0 Kudos