Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Unable to execute the Raising hand gesture in person-detection-action-recognition-0003 model

Nallam__Adithya
Beginner

Unable to identify raising hand gesture(Smart Classroom demo from Inference engine samples) from person-detection-action-recognition-0004 model.However, sitting and standing gestures are working fine.

OpenVINO version used: 2018 R5.1 / OS: Ubuntu 16.04

Please help me solve the issue.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Adithya, 

can you kindly give me more details ? Are you attempting to run a specific OpenVino sample and if so, what command are you using ?

0 Kudos
Nallam__Adithya
Beginner

Hi Shubha,

I'm trying to execute Smart classroom demo from Inference engine samples.

OpenVINO version used: 2018 R5.1 / OS: Ubuntu 16.04

Issue with model: person-detection-action-recognition-0004

Command used :

/opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/inference_engine/samples/build/intel64/Release# ./smart_classroom_demo -m_act ../../../../../intel_models/person-detection-action-recognition-0004/FP32/person-detection-action-recognition-0004.xml -m_fd ../../../../../intel_models/face-detection-adas-0001/FP32/face-detection-adas-0001.xml -m_reid ../../../../../intel_models/face-reidentification-retail-0095/FP32/face-reidentification-retail-0095.xml -m_lm ../../../../../intel_models/landmarks-regression-retail-0009/FP32/landmarks-regression-retail-0009.xml -i cam

* The model is working fine for Sitting and standing gestures.

0 Kudos
Yogesh_P_Intel
Employee

Hi, 
I too am facing the same issue, While running the application I am not able to see the hand-raising-gesture. Also the FPS are quite low. 

Can i get the human posture from human-pose-detection-001  model? Is there any example for that?

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Adithya and Yogesh:

According to this documentation you must create a faces_gallery.json using the create_list.py script. If you don't do this, you will get Warning: face reid gallery is empty!  https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/R5/_samples_smart_classroom_demo_README.html

You are not passing in the -fg argument (faces_gallery.json) but I doubt that this is the reason behind not being able to recognize hand raising gestures. I tried it too and I was able to reproduce your issue over the video.

I will file a bug on your behalf.

Thanks for using OpenVino !

0 Kudos
Yogesh_P_Intel
Employee

Thanks Shubha,

I tried using another video in the same codebase [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbYs29gXZnM ]. The demo was able to detect the hand raising gesture from that video. I guess it is due to the video that is being used in the demo. 

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Adithya and Yogesh:

Sorry that it took so long to get back to you. The smart classroom sample was made to work with classroom settings. In fact it says this in the documentation (README). if you panned a webcam in a classroom, it would certainly work ! Please keep in mind though that sitting in front of your laptop webcam is not going to work with this model.

Thanks for your patience - and most of all - thanks for using OpenVino !

Shubha

0 Kudos