Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Unable to install NEO_OCL

qwerty_plm1
Novice

Suddenly in my code i started getting the following error:

" RuntimeError: Failed to create plugin /home/intel/openvino_2022.1.0.643/runtime/lib/intel64/libopenvino_intel_gpu_plugin.so for device GPU Please, check your environment [CLDNN ERROR]. clGetPlatformIDs error -1001 "

The following behaviors were there. The screen resolution changed and I was unable to change the screen resolution as there was nothing in the drop down. The graphics  is usually "Mesa Intel® Xe Graphics (TGL GT2)" but it was changed to "llvm something". Then I uninstalled an reinstalled openvino (openvino 2022.1) by downloading freshly. (I have INTEL NUC 8th gen.)

During this installation I'm unable to install the NEO_OCL drivers.

Got the following error :

"

cd /home/intel/openvino_2022.1.0.643/install_dependencies

sudo -E ./install_NEO_OCL_driver.sh

Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for oneAPI Level Zero and OpenCL™ Driver installer
Checking current driver version...
Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for oneAPI Level Zero and OpenCL™ Driver installation skipped because current version greater or equal to 21.48.21782
Installation of Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for oneAPI Level Zero and OpenCL™ Driver interrupted. "

I also tried without -E and did

1:apt remove intel-igc-opencl

2:apt remove intel-igc-core

Then,tried the script again. But nothing worked.

Please help in solving it.

PS: In a different scenario while installing openvino 2022.1 in Intel 11th gen NUC i faced the same issue. This is repeatedly happening. Please provide suggestions

8 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello qwerty_plm1,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

We would like to inform you that we have a forum for these specific issues and products, so we are moving it to the "Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit" forum so you can get better support for this matter.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi qwerty_plm1,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Regarding the error message "RuntimeError: [CLDNN ERROR]. clGetPlatformIDs error -1001", please follow this Driver Issues Troubleshooting guide to verify that OpenCL runtime is functional in your system.

For your information, we're replicating this issue from our end and will update you on any findings as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you can try installing OpenVINO 2022.3 as this will update the OpenCL driver version to 22.35.24055 instead of version 21.48.21782.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos
qwerty_plm1
Novice

Thank you. I will try it. I mainly need guidance for the NEO_OCL driver installation. It was all working fine suddenly it stopped working.

0 Kudos
Hari_B_Intel

Hi qwerty_plm1,

We cannot reproduce the issue you have encountered, and from the previous message you shared, you have installed the latest driver.

Could you provide us with more detail on the following information so we to further identify the issue you are facing;

1. HW data (lscpu)
  2. Lunux version (Ubuntu ?)
  3. clinfo command

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Hari_B_Intel

Hi qwerty_plm1,

We still do not receive any response from you. The system information is important for us to further debug the issue you are facing.

Thank you

0 Kudos
qwerty_plm1
Novice

Hi Hari_B_Intel,

The system has Ubuntu 20.04. I'm unable to get the rest of the info the system is not held currently by me. That's why it took longer time to respond. Is it possible  to provide suggestions just with this info?
Thank you!

0 Kudos
Hari_B_Intel

Hi qwerty_plm1,

From the error message, it seems like a driver issue. We can't exactly tell the root cause, but we suggest you install the latest OpenVINO Runtime, version 2022.3, and you might want to follow this guide to Configure Intel Processor Graphics.

I hope this information help.

Thank

0 Kudos
Hairul_Intel

Hi qwerty_plm1,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Hairul

0 Kudos