Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6405 Discussions

Updating install script for OpenVino 2023.0.0 version

Divyanshu506
Novice

I am trying to update the openvino version from 2021 version to the latest 2023.0.0 in the WasmEdge repository but i am getting this error "line 19: /opt/intel/openvino_2023/bin/setupvars.sh: No such file or directory" . Any suggestions How I can fix this. https://github.com/WasmEdge/WasmEdge/pull/2636 I have also linked the PR from github.

I was expecting the script to run without errors.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Divyanshu506
Novice

So my problem got solved actually I was mixing the installation steps via archive method and apt method. In the apt-method we don't need the "RUN . ./opt/intel/openvino_2023/setupvars.sh". This command was only meant for installation through archive method. So I basically removed the command and now everything is working fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Aznie_Intel

Hi Diyyanshu506,

Thanks for reaching out.

How did you install the OpenVINO 2023 version? If you are installing the OpenVINO from an Archive File, the setupvars should be in this directory: /opt/intel/openvino_2023/setupvars.sh

If you have installed OpenVINO before, you probably have added setupvars to your PATH /.bashrc. After restarting your environment, you should see similar information as below:

[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO™ environment initialized

If you don’t see the information above, your PATH variables may be configured incorrectly.

Check if you have typed the correct <INSTALL_DIR> or you are trying to activate in the correct directory.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
Divyanshu506
Novice

I am trying to install it through the apt method.
I created the following Dockerfile to verify it locally.

FROM ubuntu:20.04
RUN apt-get -y update
RUN apt-get install -y wget
RUN apt-get install -y apt-transport-https
RUN apt-get install -y gnupg
RUN ln -snf /usr/share/zoneinfo/$TZ /etc/localtime && echo $TZ > /etc/timezone

#!/usr/bin/env bash
# SPDX-License-Identifier: Apache-2.0 WITH LLVM-exception
# SPDX-FileCopyrightText: 2019-2022 Second State INC

RUN set -e
RUN echo "Installing OpenVINO with version 2023.0.1"
RUN apt-key add GPG-PUB-KEY-INTEL-SW-PRODUCTS.PUB
RUN echo "deb https://apt.repos.intel.com/openvino/2023 ubuntu20 main" | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/intel-openvino-2023.list
RUN apt update
RUN apt install -y openvino
RUN . ./opt/intel/openvino_2023/setupvars.sh
RUN ldconfig

but I am getting the following error when I try to build it.

#17 [14/15] RUN . ./opt/intel/openvino_2023/setupvars.sh
#17 0.407 /bin/sh: 1: .: Can't open ./opt/intel/openvino_2023/setupvars.sh
#17 ERROR: process "/bin/sh -c . ./opt/intel/openvino_2023/setupvars.sh" did not complete successfully: exit code: 127
------
> [14/15] RUN . ./opt/intel/openvino_2023/setupvars.sh:
0.407 /bin/sh: 1: .: Can't open ./opt/intel/openvino_2023/setupvars.sh
------
Dockerfile:19
--------------------
17 | RUN apt update
18 | RUN apt install -y openvino
19 | >>> RUN . ./opt/intel/openvino_2023/setupvars.sh
20 | RUN ldconfig
21 |
--------------------
ERROR: failed to solve: process "/bin/sh -c . ./opt/intel/openvino_2023/setupvars.sh" did not complete successfully: exit code: 127

0 Kudos
Aznie_Intel

Hi Diyyanshu506,

Can you try running the apt list --installed | grep openvino to check the installed package and version on your system?

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
Divyanshu506
Novice

So my problem got solved actually I was mixing the installation steps via archive method and apt method. In the apt-method we don't need the "RUN . ./opt/intel/openvino_2023/setupvars.sh". This command was only meant for installation through archive method. So I basically removed the command and now everything is working fine.

0 Kudos
Aznie_Intel

Hi Diyyanshu506,

I'm glad to hear that and thanks for sharing your workaround in this community. This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos