Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Using openvino toolkit made inference slower than onnx runtime

Egor94
Beginner

Hello, I used DeepPavlov rubert model https://huggingface.co/DeepPavlov/rubert-base-cased-conversational in pytorch implementation and tried to optimize it with openvino toolkit. I transformed model to onnx format using following script:

dummy_input = torch.tensor([[0]*64])

symbolic_names = {0:batach_size, 1: max_seq_len}

torch.onn.export(model, dummy_input, path_to_save, opset_vestion=11, do_constant_folding=True, input_names=['input_ids'], output_names=['class'], dynamic_axes={'input_ids':symbolic_names',  'class':[0,1]})

After getting onnx file I used model optimizer:

python mo.py -m model_path --input_shape [1,64]

I got ir files and checked inference with network.infer() and it was two times slower than onnx inference.  

What did I do wrong?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IntelSupport

Hi Egor94,

Thanks for reaching out. Model Optimizer can produce an IR with different precision. Which precision that you tested? Meanwhile, can you test the model on OpenVINO benchmark_app and see the performance of the model.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hi Egor94,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Aznie

0 Kudos