Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Videos as input to OpenVINO benchmark python tool

swan_m_intel
Employee

Is there a way we can give video as input file (-i) to python benchmark tool instead of images.  https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_inference_engine_tools_benchmark_tool_README.html 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Munesh_Intel

Hi Swanand,

Video input is not supported for Benchmark Python Tool. For a particular model, use Benchmark Python Tool, using different devices, e.g. CPU, GPU and VPU, different batch sizes, sync or async execution, different number of infer requests or threads, and so on, to find the best configuration that optimizes your inference.

For video input, I would suggest you try using the relevant demos or samples that support video inputs. For example, Interactive Face Detection Demo for object detection, Smart Classroom Demo for action recognition, and Pedestrian Tracker Demo for person detection and recognition, etc.

Regards,

Munesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Munesh_Intel

Hi Swanand,

Video input is not supported for Benchmark Python Tool. For a particular model, use Benchmark Python Tool, using different devices, e.g. CPU, GPU and VPU, different batch sizes, sync or async execution, different number of infer requests or threads, and so on, to find the best configuration that optimizes your inference.

For video input, I would suggest you try using the relevant demos or samples that support video inputs. For example, Interactive Face Detection Demo for object detection, Smart Classroom Demo for action recognition, and Pedestrian Tracker Demo for person detection and recognition, etc.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Swanand,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos