Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

What Requirements are needed to train customer Darknet Yolo v3 & v4 model for Openvino 2020 R3 LTS ?

CBell1
New Contributor II

We train custom Darknet Yolo v3 & v4 models with customized datasets.

We work in a Ubuntu environment with Tensorflow and we want to use OpenVino 2020 R3 LTS for inference with NCS.

What Requirements are needed to train Darknet Yolo v3 & v4 for Openvino 2020 R3 LTS ?

Is it correct to use an environment with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and Python 3.6?

What TensorFlow version do you suggest?

What weights to pb conversion tools do you suggest?

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

First and foremost, please take note that the OpenVINO version 2020 R3 LTS is an outdated version. However, you may choose to use or not.

You may refer to this official documentation for detailed infos regarding compatibility of YOLO model with Openvino: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.1/openvino_docs_MO_DG_prepare_model_convert_model_tf_specific_Convert_YOLO_From_Tensorflow.html

Ubuntu 18.04 is indeed validated to works with OpenVINO and Python 3.6 seems good so far (I'm using these too).

If you go through the documentation, there are details on weight conversion and Tensorflow that would help you to decide.

Sincerely,

Iffa

CBell1
New Contributor II

Many thanks Iffa for your useful feedback

Last question, what version of TF do you suggest?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Personally, based on my own development experience, I prefer Tensorflow 1 but it won't hurt to explore the newer TF, which is TF2 .

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
CBell1
New Contributor II

TF 1.11 & 1.14 are working well

I just finished to train a customized Yolo v3 model using a customized dataset.

I converted the weights to PB and to IR.

All following you suggestions and the info in the link you have shared

It works

Many Thanks!

Iffa_Intel

Glad to hear that!

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos